Unprofessional bellends at it again

HeliX

42 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Chris Kaba was not a suspect and never had been a suspect. He was shot and murdered because he was black. 

Whilst yes black people do suffer disproportionately from police interventions, stop and searches, arrests, harassment etc  ( all of which need addressing) I think you have to be careful in making such assertions as above.

Maybe that was what the jury/ judge may determine I don’t know. But if not, I think we’re getting into dangerous territory if we start stating opinions as facts. 

Yes it’s easy to come to that opinion/ conclusion given the statistics of how the police interact with the black community as against that of the white community.

The police officer is charged with murder. If murder was committed due to the colour of the victims skin, I doubt we will ever know. Unless he says that he shot or murdered Chris Kaba because he  was black. Otherwise it is mere speculation.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Changed to reflect the charge of murder not being found guilty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And here’s another thing that’s occurred to me . Police Officer NX 121 the armed officer accused of murder. 

No details have been released about this officer ( at least not that I have seen). 

What if it transpired that this officer were themselves black?

How would that change perceptions?

• Like 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

And here’s another thing that’s occurred to me . Police Officer NX 121 the armed officer accused of murder. 

No details have been released about this officer ( at least not that I have seen). 

What if it transpired that this officer were themselves black?

How would that change perceptions?

The internet was such much better before it became all about pathetic old twats wanting attention.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Your job, as a representative of the police is not to shoot an unarmed man, after pursuing him for fifteen minutes without activating lights or sirens. Your job, as police, after being informed the vehicle may have been previously linked to a firearms incident a few days earlier, is to pursue, with a view to question, and if, necessary, arrest a suspect. Your job, as police is not to shoot an innocent, unarmed man. That is not dong your job Thommo, that is murder, and the more police who are charged with murder when it is a case of murder, the more likely the rest of them will follow procedures and not be so damned trigger happy.

Chris Kaba was not a suspect and never had been a suspect. He was shot and murdered because he was black. 

Metropolitan Police data suggest Police are four times more likely to use force against black people compared with the white population, a BBC analysis report in 2020 suggested.

Ah BBC data… that’s okay then. FFS

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Of the 5,310 officers injured, how many involved black people?

2342. So doesn't really justify the massively disproportionate use of force?

If you further filter by "staff injury intentional" it drops to 997. So over 1000 of those was the daft robocop hurting himself.

And if you remove "minor" injuries it drops to 32.

Edited by HeliX

6 hours ago, HeliX said:

The data says what Roxanne said it says.

fge5MJM.png

The glaring omission from the above data is how many of those 84% who were arrested resulted in a conviction?

It would also be concerning if the conviction was for "resisting arrest" and nothing else.

With it's deliberately broad-based recruiting policy the police force simply reflects society at large.

For years now London's Met has been accused of being "institutionally racist" by Inquiry after Inquiry.

The inescapable conclusion is that UK society at large is quite racist.

I would agree with that.

10 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Your job, as a representative of the police is not to shoot an unarmed man, after pursuing him for fifteen minutes without activating lights or sirens. Your job, as police, after being informed the vehicle may have been previously linked to a firearms incident a few days earlier, is to pursue, with a view to question, and if, necessary, arrest a suspect. Your job, as police is not to shoot an innocent, unarmed man. That is not dong your job Thommo, that is murder, and the more police who are charged with murder when it is a case of murder, the more likely the rest of them will follow procedures and not be so damned trigger happy.

You forgot the bit where these officers have to face off against the UK's most dangerous criminal elements who are very likely to be armed - or they wouldn't have been called out. Because you have to meet force with force. They also have to make split-second decisions on opening fire because they want to live through the event and go home to the wife and kids afterwards.

And they do it all in your name...

• Like 8

8 hours ago, HeliX said:

The data says what Roxanne said it says.

fge5MJM.png

Ok, but what percentage of serious violent crime was committed by black individuals? In 2018, black people made up 13% of London's population, and black individuals committed nearly 50% of the murders, where ethnicity was known. Black people were also much more likely to be murdered.

I don't understand how you can talk about one without the other, or address the issues involved while using statistics so selectively.

Being a QPR fan, I've listened to the wonderful Mark Prince, the government, and it's agencies,  should too.

I saw some witness statements in the local media after the shooting, it becomes more understandable. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Metropolitan Police data suggest Police are four times more likely to use force against black people compared with the white population, a BBC analysis report in 2020 suggested.

The car involved had been flagged as being involved in a firearms incident the day before, as reported at the time by witnesses the car did not stop, just because you don't have a gun doesn't mean you are unarmed. I am pretty sure cars can do damage. You were quite clearly there or have some inside knowledge if you know the reason he was shot was because he was black, you shouldn't be writing on Manx forums you should be giving a statement to the MET about what you know.

No doubt when/if this guy is found not guilty of murder you will be on saying how racist everyone is and it's a disgrace.  

Anyway that's all I have to say on the matter 

Edited by thommo2010
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

The glaring omission from the above data is how many of those 84% who were arrested resulted in a conviction?

It would also be concerning if the conviction was for "resisting arrest" and nothing else.

Not recorded in that data set so far as I can see.

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

The inescapable conclusion is that UK society at large is quite racist.

I would agree with that.

Sadly, yes.

• Thanks 1