Unprofessional bellends at it again

HeliX

2 hours ago, HeliX said:

Yes, I can imagine a traumatic anecdote may make it harder to relate to objective statistics.

I reworded this twice in an attempt to make it not sound arsey and failed, so you'll have to take my word for it that I'm not trying to be arsey or glib.

And yet whilst I maybe pro gun. Even I'd admit that the US has gotten out of control. There is no reason a civilian needs an assault rifle. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

And yet whilst I maybe pro gun. Even I'd admit that the US has gotten out of control. There is no reason a civilian needs an assault rifle. 

They might if they're storming Capitol Hill.

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

But it's overwhelmingly not true for the overwhelming majority of US police officers. And yet they're taught to act like it is, which results in escalations and needless violence.

Even when it is their time to face danger, they usually fuck about in a hallway while a gunman murders kids.

Their training would be seriously amiss if they were not.

13 minutes ago, P.K. said:

In what respect?

I know someone who was one of New York's finest. He didn't have a problem with it.

In that it's massively focused on use of force and weapons training (at the expense of other topics) when that makes up an incredibly small portion of their actual work.

New York's finest is the FDNY.

9 hours ago, WTF said:

well yes,  but maybe if they could actually see a weapon first before shooting ?? ,

To be fair, a car is a decisive weapon, especially when there's a nasty fucka behind the wheel driving at ya. Wasn't there a policeman dragged to death behind a car not so long ago?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kopek said:

There was indeed but there was not an armed response to that situation, it was a happenstance outcome, disastrous as it turns out but i t's not the same as an armed police responce?

If the police had been armed then that situation may have been avoided. Did the poor wee bairns whose smile lights up a room ever get done for murder?