Unprofessional bellends at it again

HeliX

5 hours ago, Barlow said:

There's a connected woman down our way who lives on a lane with double yellow lines. At night people often park there (there is still plenty of room for a fire engine to pass). She phones her friends in the police and within usually about 20 minutes one of her police (it's always a man) friends comes along and slaps a ticket on the windscreen. 

A minor point maybe, but very irritating.

Double yellow line means no parking at anytime. Not you can park here if there is room for a fire engine to pass. 

I have no sympathy whatsoever. 

You take the risk, you pay the fine. Its called a law. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chie said:

Is that really the statement of the girls themselves?

Starts of as "we are two 17 year old girls" and then towards the end "anyone who has kids would understand". Reads more like the parents of the girls writing the statement on their behalf.

Nothing against that btw, just an observation.

From the girls original statement -  “ I proceeded to stop the car”. Seems almost a bit copspeak to me.

But again nothing against that, just an observation.

She thought her car was going to blow away in a 70mph wind. A car which faces a 70mph wind every time it moves forward down a motorway. There’s thick and there’s that. Makes you wonder how she passed her test.

I can see why the police thought it was a crank call when it came in. Even now we know it wasn’t a crank call, I still can’t believe someone as thick as that girl is allowed to drive a car.

Regardless of all that, #DarwinAward is hugely offensive and I can’t believe they went there. Guess the cops running the social media aren’t any brighter than that girl.

Edited by Ringy Rose

11 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

She thought her car was going to blow away in a 70mph wind. A car which faces a 70mph wind every time it moves forward down a motorway. There’s thick and there’s that. Makes you wonder how she passed her test.

I can see why the police thought it was a crank call when it came in. Even now we know it wasn’t a crank call, I still can’t believe someone as thick as that girl is allowed to drive a car.

Regardless of all that, #DarwinAward is hugely offensive and I can’t believe they went there. Guess the cops running the social media aren’t any brighter than that girl.

Do you often drive sideways down the motorway at 70mph like some sort of bewheeled crab?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

From the girls original statement -  “ I proceeded to stop the car”. Seems almost a bit copspeak to me.

But again nothing against that, just an observation.

it will have been lifted from their coaxed statement

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Do you often drive sideways down the motorway at 70mph like some sort of bewheeled crab?

Only on special occasions.

But the latest version of her story was that she driving the car (I presume by Howstrake) and the wind was pushing it backwards towards a cliff. Yeah, right. She’s either dumb or a liar.

3 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Only on special occasions.

But the latest version of her story was that she driving the car (I presume by Howstrake) and the wind was pushing it backwards towards a cliff. Yeah, right. She’s either dumb or a liar.

Or the handbrake is crap. Or they were a pair of kids panicking in a stressful situation.

But whatever the kids action or inaction, the police are a set of cunts for taking the piss publicly on FB.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HeliX said:

Or the handbrake is crap. Or they were a pair of kids panicking in a stressful situation.

But whatever the kids action or inaction, the police are a set of cunts for taking the piss publicly on FB.

The police clearly thought it was a crank call and reacted accordingly. Wrong, as I said, especially the Darwin stuff. But understandable.

And if that girl reacts like that to a bit of wind she’s a danger to every other road user on this island. Can we get her reg number to know to steer well clear?

24 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Wow.  Do you need to understand physics to drive a car? 

• Like 1