Unprofessional bellends at it again

HeliX

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Who do you want coming over the hill on your worst day? Morse?

A few family members ideally. Certainly not a "service" who exist primarily to catch teenagers with a few grams of weed, ridicule children on Facebook and taze people's dogs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

A few family members ideally. Certainly not a "service" who exist primarily to catch teenagers with a few grams of weed, ridicule children on Facebook and taze people's dogs.

Talk the job down all you like.

What do I see? 

Three trained, fit and capable cops, proud of what they do, who will get to you in the hour you need them, no matter when that hour falls. In consequence of that duty, they may not go home to their own family so you can  safe with yours.

They are human

They are fallible.

Just like each of us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Derek Flint said:

Three trained, fit and capable cops, proud of what they do, who will get to you in the hour you need them, no matter when that hour falls. In consequence of that duty, they may not go home to their own family so you can  safe with yours.

Unless you're perhaps a couple of 17 year old girls terrified on a coastal road in a storm, in which case they'll tell you to do one over the phone then post a public Facebook post mocking you.

• Like 1

Have we got a new Chief Constable and if so can you remind me who he/she is? I am sure Mrs Poole-Wilson the Minister for the Department of Home Affairs will also not be happy with these Social Media remarks/comments as she is the most politically correct person in the whole world. Little Dan will no doubt be leading the investigation and possibly cock the whole thing up again.

Just looking at Facebook why are there so many Isle of Man Constabulary FB pages? Dog unit, Road Policing unit, Northern, Southern, Eastern, Western Pages, and the main IOM Constabulary Page, possibly others FFS who on earth can keep a rick on these cops posting whatever they want, a Social Media review is needed to consolidate this lot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

We do know this isn't an Isle of Man police picture?

I am a little surprised by some comments relating to my post. I had assumed that it was common knowledge that the arms-folded-authoritarian-stance was a standard done-to-death style of arranged publicity shots - the style is everywhere. It was that I was taking the piss about. (Men standing with their legs unnaturally apart is another style).

When I looked for a sample image, the first one I came across was a publicity shot for a UK police "reality" TV show. Those photos, both the IoM Facebook image and the UK police one, are arranged publicity photos for the entertainment industry (including Facebook viewers).

They are more suitably used for entertainment, but not for projecting the image of an organisation such as the police force.

I disagree with the police force, the prison service, and some other services being used as entertainment (although some "stars" are enthusiastic, as it gives them the  opportunity to stroke their egos on TV)

I have occasionally seen clips of so-called reality TV shows. It is clear they are edited, and sometimes scripted. An easy tell is to watch the camera angles and placements. If there is a cut to a second camera, which should have been in the first camera shot but is not, you know that two separate shots at two different times have been edited together.

If you want reality, two random names come to mind - Weegee for photos of New York and Don McCullin for photos of the Vietnam war. Those show reality.

I don't go too much for personal insults, but those police officers taking part in directed, stylised, publicity shots are just pricks. It is not their job to be involved in providing entertainment. If they want to post photos of themselves on the Internet doing whatever interests them, that is OK. But not while they are working.

And don't give me some crap about the police force needing to advertise itself.,

There is no way they can put a positive spin on the unprofessional irresponsible behaviour and appalling attitude from the people whose job is to protect the community (incidentally, when the news broke about a woman murdered by a policeman in South London, some in the Metropolitan Police Service were trying to ‘excuse’ Wayne Couzens’s behaviour).

IOM taxpayers’ money is being used to conduct police training. Did these officers actually attend professional police training courses, or the training courses were too ‘woke’ for them? It seems to me that there is an element of ‘macho arrogance' culture in this story. What measures our new Chief Constable is going to put in place to sort this out?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Last Ten said:

Just looking at Facebook why are there so many Isle of Man Constabulary FB pages? Dog unit, Road Policing unit, Northern, Southern, Eastern, Western Pages, and the main IOM Constabulary Page, possibly others FFS who on earth can keep a rick on these cops posting whatever they want, a Social Media review is needed to consolidate this lot. 

I agree to an extent. I started with a trial page for North and then the main media page. RPU had a presence, and dogs were a PR winner. Individual officers including the chief came on board.

They were doing what cops should be doing - communicating.with their public. In places it loses its way from time to time. My view was inform, educate and advise, and actually give folk an insight. But it's hard work to be across 24/7 without a proper comms team.

You can  keep the criticism up, but what you'll end up with is a closure of Individual accounts, a corporate firewall and then you'll complain that the cops never tell you anything. It's happened elsewhere.

Your choice. But.be careful what you wish for

• Thanks 1