Andrew Smith is alive!!!

Banker

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

"I don't vote because they are all shit".  You won't revolt; you'll just whine.  The only solution is standing yourself or at least backing a candidate that you agree with the most.  Although admittedly there aren't many advocates of the culling of over 65s. 

Perhaps a rolling cull of the under 17’s might be the way to go?

They don’t add much,  they just use up resources 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Perhaps a rolling cull of the under 17’s might be the way to go?

They don’t add much,  they just use up resources 

Strange coincidence, looking at the census, there are 17,000 under 19 and 18,000 over 65. 

9 hours ago, Roxanne said:

That was a really bad move on his behalf

It really was. You don't need to be a high order Malcolm Tucker type political operator to know that you don't blag schools especially if they're in you're area. You're telling the parents that they made a mistake with their children's future by sending them there. It's especially stupid if you're the local person with power and influence over the school's development who should be doing something about it. Magnify that stupidity by the proportion of parents who were perfectly happy about their contented children's progress before you opened your mouth. If you do, you really need to be able to point to long and detailed contact with the school and a demonstrable record of striving to solve its problems, if it has any and if you're certain that the parents and staff agree with you.

Where do you get these people?

Unfortunately Garff was in the same position as Onchan at the last election a lack of talent and suitability in the candidates that stood , there was no one that stood out and you could really believe would do a good job so it as a case of best of bunch which is not the answer.     I have voted all my life I believe if you don’t you cannot criticise but if it is the same lot standing again and I am still around I will not they have been worse than useless.   People have a go at Alf , myself included, but when you see what he has to work with he must despair.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Unfortunately Garff was in the same position as Onchan at the last election a lack of talent and suitability in the candidates that stood , there was no one that stood out and you could really believe would do a good job so it as a case of best of bunch which is not the answer.     I have voted all my life I believe if you don’t you cannot criticise but if it is the same lot standing again and I am still around I will not they have been worse than useless.   People have a go at Alf , myself included, but when you see what he has to work with he must despair.

I voted for the other Smith in Garff. Miles ahead of the others.

23 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Unfortunately every constituency on the island was in the same position as Onchan at the last election a lack of talent and suitability in the candidates that stood , there was no one that stood out and you could really believe would do a good job so it as a case of best of bunch which is not the answer.    

I have voted all my life I believe if you don’t you cannot criticise but if it is the same lot standing again and I am still around I will not they have been worse than useless.   People have a go at Alf , myself included, but when you see what he has to work with he must despair.

Fixed.

I agree with the second half of your post*, although I'll probably still vote next time - out of spite if nothing else. 

*I took the liberty of making it a second paragraph. 

• Like 1