who has replaced Ashford as chair of the planning committee ?

Omobono

Reading Ashford lauding the scheme to hand taxpayers cash to pet developers this morning make me feel nauseous. I thought this was a bad idea to start with, but now it's supported by that twxt I know it's a bad idea. 10 applications apparently and 32 million potentially gone !

I can hear the corks popping from here.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, asitis said:

Reading Ashford lauding the scheme to hand taxpayers cash to pet developers this morning make me feel nauseous. I thought this was a bad idea to start with, but now it's supported by that twxt I know it's a bad idea. 10 applications apparently and 32 million potentially gone !

I can hear the corks popping from here.

What's the alternative to rejuvenating brownfield sites? An Manx Development Corporation approach? We may be able to evaluate at the completion of these developments but I know which I would bet on delivering better value out of the brownfield subsidy vs blank cheque to MDC to deliver non-market properties. The subsidy is only on completion so it would deliver £120m of investment into key neglected areas.  

47 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

What's the alternative to rejuvenating brownfield sites? An Manx Development Corporation approach? We may be able to evaluate at the completion of these developments but I know which I would bet on delivering better value out of the brownfield subsidy vs blank cheque to MDC to deliver non-market properties. The subsidy is only on completion so it would deliver £120m of investment into key neglected areas.  

And housing, what about housing? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mercenary said:

Isn't the truth of the matter, that it provides employment for lots of people up until the point it is completed and therefore an uptake to treasury, when completed what then ? Is it attracting new residents ? Where is the continuing benefit to the taxpayer ? I don't believe you can artificially create the circumstances under which people wish to develop or use brownfield sites. 

• Like 1