Minor car crash = harsh sentence

CrazyDave

4 hours ago, Omobono said:

a lot of these boy racer accidents could be prevented  if we had a more active traffic police  presence , I am fed up hearing roaring engines with illegal exhaust systems  where the car is mapped so it makes a huge bang every time the car changes gear ,  just makes the idiots drive faster  and to show off , and all highly illegal 

it looks like the police have hibernated  and not interested in preventing road traffic collisions any more , or  having any other presence in the local community  

Become a special and help out if you're really that bothered

5 hours ago, Omobono said:

it looks like the police have hibernated  and not interested in preventing road traffic collisions any more , or  having any other presence in the local community  

Regular readers of these forums may know that I am no defender of the police. However, in the last month I have seen police out and about doing speed checks at 4 different locations, and I've not been that far. It had been a while since I'd seen one, so maybe they're having a little go at doing some work.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Regular readers of these forums may know that I am no defender of the police. However, in the last month I have seen police out and about doing speed checks at 4 different locations, and I've not been that far. It had been a while since I'd seen one, so maybe they're having a little go at doing some work.

the coffers need the help.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Omobono said:

a lot of these boy racer accidents could be prevented  if we had a more active traffic police  presence , I am fed up hearing roaring engines with illegal exhaust systems  where the car is mapped so it makes a huge bang every time the car changes gear ,  just makes the idiots drive faster  and to show off , and all highly illegal 

Does it though?  I honestly do feel your pain regarding the exhausts that sound like a farting kazoo and the backfires during even tame revs and gear changes (I used to have a big V8 - so everything else now sounds shit).  I'd agree with some enforcement of clown car exhausts that must be over some sort of decibel level as it is just anti social.

But does all the farting and banging make people drive faster and/or crash?  At least you can now hear the dickheads coming from a distance. 

4 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Become a special and help out if you're really that bothered

whats a special ?  is that a sexual favour in the back of a police van ?  I haven't seen a special constable if thats what you are talking about  for years not since the local police stopped having a presence at the TT and MGP  and to quell the riots on the promenade that never happened , 

• Haha 1