Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

1 hour ago, WTF said:

unless tesco also got the shoprite warehouse in pully they don't have the storage yet to supply 10 stores

The warehouse is also part of the deal - presumably on the same 21 year lease.

1 hour ago, La Colombe said:

Clubcard offers apparently don't work in the Shoprite stores yet. Which seems slightly at odds with advertised price law to me. 

No because those stores are still branded Shoprite.  They do seem to be trying a few parallel offers, but you won't see full integration and re-branding for some time yet I reckon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Clubcard offers apparently don't work in the Shoprite stores yet. Which seems slightly at odds with advertised price law to me. 

Why?

The stores are Shoprite.  Your receipt says Shoprite.  I haven’t seen any advertising to say the stores are Tesco or that you can buy stuff at Tesco  advertised prices.

56 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The warehouse is also part of the deal - presumably on the same 21 year lease.

No because those stores are still branded Shoprite.  They do seem to be trying a few parallel offers, but you won't see full integration and re-branding for some time yet I reckon.

It’ll take a while to install the Tesco tills and stock control systems into the Shoprite stores. It’s not just a simple job of putting new signage in place.

The distribution from UK to IoM is different. It will need work and integration.

Tesco comes in in cages in the containers and straight onto the floor ( they’ve little storage ). They’ve only one Tesco store at present.

Shoprite comes into the Pulrose warehouse and is then distributed to the 9 individual stores.

Presumably, in due course, Tesco goods will come into the warehouse, in cages marked for individual stores, and then distributed. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, John Wright said:

Yes, and they deliver, as well. But the range available is limited. And Lake Lane, Victoria Road and Onchan Shoprite are all closer than Crosby and Ramsey.

Closer to where?

Not for those of us who live in Ramsey and Crosby.

I use the Ramsey Co Op delivery service. It’s ace.

6 hours ago, La Colombe said:

They do.

In  Ramsey ShopRite/ Tesco you get the Clubcard price regardless. 

They were offering half price meat joints as a Clubcard offer but upon enquiring was told that you’d get the half price offer anyway because the Clubcard wasn’t set up as yet.

Till receipt proved that was indeed the case

• Like 1