Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

1 minute ago, finlo said:

I know you have been a fanboy of them on here for years but they are a horrible outfit with horrible ethics a more morally bankrupt organisation would be hard to find.

They do a good job. They have better business practices than many. I'm not particularly a fanboy but, undeniably, they have been a positive development for consumers here since they arrived on the Island. They brought UK pricing, raised standards and broadened choice, all of which were badly needed.

There has to be more to such visceral hatred of a retailer than meets the eye.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, finlo said:

I know you have been a fanboy of them on here for years but they are a horrible outfit with horrible ethics a more morally bankrupt organisation would be hard to find.

You must really hate them for some personal reason. This is not the image that most people see. They have around 28 % of the total  retail food sales in UK which is twice that of their nearest competitor .....so people are using them from choice.  They are in the top 5 biggest tax payers in the UK . They support millions of pounds worth of local projects.  Yes they are big and successful but that does not make them the shambolic company you say. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, finlo said:

As for the fresh (lol) produce it's nigh on impossible to find anything with a date beyond tomorrow!

Is that not the quintessential meaning of fresh. Once something is picked or killed it's freshness has only a short window of time 

35 minutes ago, woolley said:

They do a good job. They have better business practices than many. I'm not particularly a fanboy but, undeniably, they have been a positive development for consumers here since they arrived on the Island. They brought UK pricing, raised standards and broadened choice, all of which were badly needed.

There has to be more to such visceral hatred of a retailer than meets the eye.

Of course you're entitled to your opinions but I'll stick with mine thanks.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

They've clearly done something to you beyond providing a retail service.

No, it's just a typical MF situation. You critisise something/anything, get called out for it, another MF 'thing' and then go on irrational invented rant to try to justify your original critisism ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, finlo said:

I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon than shop at lake road not helped by the fact that most of the people who patronise the place are self entitled ignorant spunk trumpets.

As for the fresh (lol) produce it's nigh on impossible to find anything with a date beyond tomorrow!

How do you know if you never go in there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, finlo said:

but they are a horrible outfit with horrible ethics a more morally bankrupt organisation would be hard to find.

Those transferring Shoprite employees which I have spoken to seem pleasantly surprised by the pending improvement to their terms and conditions, which somewhat suggests that a statement of 'horrible ethics' and 'morally bankrupt' is somewhat wide of the mark. Of course, time will tell.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gormless Git said:

Those transferring Shoprite employees which I have spoken to seem pleasantly surprised by the pending improvement to their terms and conditions, which somewhat suggests that a statement of 'horrible ethics' and 'morally bankrupt' is somewhat wide of the mark. Of course, time will tell.

Same with those I have spoken to.

• Like 1