Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

Well I hope your wife appreciated the flowers because she sure wouldn't do so of your critisism of her veg buying prowess???

Perhaps she should whack you withe soggy end of the cucumber she was stupid enough to buy!!!

In other words, don't drag your wifes shopping skill down in order to promote your argument!!!

Why are you assuming HD'S wife does the shopping rather than HD relaying his personal experience?

.... because if HD himself did the shopping for a soggy cucumber, he wouyld be too ashamed to admit it on here given the above exchange of ' let the buyer beware' ???

His wife is probably much more astute than He and probably insulted by his inference that she has been stupid enough to buy a soggy cucumber!!!

Thus rendering HDner as the fool in this debate of buying bad Veg!!!!

Thank you.

Edited by Kopek

Did the weekly shop at Tesco yesterday.  Paid more attention to dates than I would ordinarily and did not see any veg with a sell by date any earlier than 3 Feb.  Bought some baby plum tomatoes with a sell by date of 7 Feb.

Really not sure how the short date argument can be defended in fact.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Gladys said:

Did the weekly shop at Tesco yesterday.  Paid more attention to dates than I would ordinarily and did not see any veg with a sell by date any earlier than 3 Feb.  Bought some baby plum tomatoes with a sell by date of 7 Feb.

M&S has better fruit and veg than Tesco. You may pay a bit more but they seem to last longer . Wonder if they have some different method of storage/ transport.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gladys said:

And I checked this morning and my cucumber was still very firm. 

Even though its now past its sell by date!

Edited by Happier diner
  • Haha 6

how long will it be before manx meats are removed from the shelves in Tesco  ,more   product recall  and problems , you would think that the biggest outlet   for Manx meats  would be better serviced , time the meat plant was either sorted or closed altogether too much government money pumped in , 

5 hours ago, Omobono said:

how long will it be before manx meats are removed from the shelves in Tesco  ,more   product recall  and problems , you would think that the biggest outlet   for Manx meats  would be better serviced , time the meat plant was either sorted or closed altogether too much government money pumped in , 

I would fully support Tesco dropping Manx meats until they sort their act out. 

I purposefully avoided it today, UK equivalent was only 50p more.