Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

1 hour ago, Manxman1234 said:

Apparently new store evacuated as filled with smoke.

looks like a security decide and the team not been trained on it.

oh what does this button do 

Report says engineer doing some work and some dust was created setting off alarms, not a raging fire as reported on social media 😂

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Report says engineer doing some work and some dust was created setting off alarms, not a raging fire as reported on social media 😂

I was there when it happened we were all asked to evacuate the store immediately. It was not dust it was thick smoke/ fog the sort of thing you might find in a night club or act on stage . At the time you might have thought it was a fire but it covered quite quickly . To describe it as dust is wholly wrong . 

13 minutes ago, IOM said:

I was there when it happened we were all asked to evacuate the store immediately. It was not dust it was thick smoke/ fog the sort of thing you might find in a night club or act on stage . At the time you might have thought it was a fire but it covered quite quickly . To describe it as dust is wholly wrong . 

Relax. It was a Co2 fire suppression system. 

Just means Tesco will have to add some more solar panels to make up for all the carbons that got released. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

No manx eggs

This makes me sad, but the majority won’t care.

Hopefully it’s something they can record in time given the news article about supporting local earlier in the week.

If not, hopefully people will support the farm shops and other local places that sell eggs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, emesde said:

Anyone seen   finlo? 

I was too busy rolling around on the floor laughing my cock off at the ineptitude!

Then had the gaul to try to pretend it was a bit of dust!

Edited by finlo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I didn't like it when I went in, but I'll get used to it I'm sure.

They have put some beer in a fridge, so that's something good I guess.

No manx eggs.

Isn't it because the IoM producers aren't up to the standards that Tesco want yet? If they can meet the standards then they're a Tesco supplier. Government is handing out grant funding to help the local producers meet the standard so maybe those manx eggs will be there in a few months' time? In the meantime I've been getting my manx eggs from robinsons instead.

• Like 2