Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

5 minutes ago, WTF said:

my presence or lack of has nothing to do with what  you claimed in your post

So you never saw any of it . And you never saw the staff instructing customers to put their baskets down and leave the store immediately. 

4 minutes ago, IOM said:

So you never saw any of it . And you never saw the staff instructing customers to put their baskets down and leave the store immediately. 

i never said it was smoke either but someone who was actually there was telling people it was.

Edited by WTF
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WTF said:

i never said it was smoke either but someone who was actually there was telling people it was.

Well it was not me I left when they evacuated and went straight to the Coop to do my shopping ! 

3 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Not my experience at all.  The Manx eggs seem to sell well but it is much cheaper to get them from the farm direct at one of the numerous honesty boxes around the island.

Get them delivered by IoM creamery to doorstep free along with milk, butter etc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, finlo said:

I think you'll find it was a SmokeCloak anti bandit/burglar device that was deployed.

I think you will find it was Manannan's cloak. He's displeased by all these eggs coming from across the water. 😉

• Like 1

So apparently the Shoprite in Port Erin is closing on 9th March to allow it to be converted to Tesco will likely be closed for 6 weeks . No signs anywhere around the store I wonder when they will communicate to their customers properly ? Six weeks without a main store in the south will be a problem for some people and put a lot of pressure on the two coops . Suggests to me Tesco don’t understand this island ! 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, IOM said:

So apparently the Shoprite in Port Erin is closing on 9th March to allow it to be converted to Tesco will likely be closed for 6 weeks . No signs anywhere around the store I wonder when they will communicate to their customers properly ? Six weeks without a main store in the south will be a problem for some people and put a lot of pressure on the two coops . Suggests to me Tesco don’t understand this island ! 

so mr/mrs smoke /no smoke/looked like smoke , how do you expect them to convert the store without closing it then ? put tesco stickers over the shoprite ones ??

Edited by WTF
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, IOM said:

Yes, but otherwise it would probably be closed permanently? I'm sure the Co-ops will be rubbing their hands together?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WTF said:

so mr/mrs smoke /no smoke/looked like smoke , how do you expect them to convert the store without closing it then ? put tesco stickers over the shoprite ones ??

Right for a start I suggest you take a look at the front cover of The Courier their headline is Smoke fills new Tesco hours after opening so you can just pipe down ! And you really are silly aren’t you . If you bothered to read my post or had a brain you would see I am talking about how they communicate with their customers/potential customers. I would expect them to have notices around the store advising people when it’s closing and how long for so they can make provision stock up etc . It’s basic retailing and really not rocket science you want to try and think a little more yourself ! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Yes, but otherwise it would probably be closed permanently? I'm sure the Co-ops will be rubbing their hands together?

It’s about letting your customers know what is happening. Most other locations will have nearby alternatives while under conversion in addition to the Coop but Port Erin and Port St Mary won’t . If Tesco understood the island they might get that and think very carefully how they handle and communicate it ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, IOM said:

Stock up? 😂😂 

It's only a few miles into Douglas. They could also get themselves a Tesco home delivery.

Don't be so dramatic.

14 minutes ago, IOM said:

It’s about letting your customers know what is happening. Most other locations will have nearby alternatives while under conversion in addition to the Coop but Port Erin and Port St Mary won’t . If Tesco understood the island they might get that and think very carefully how they handle and communicate it ! 

They have Castletown.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, IOM said:

Signs in the stores normally go up 14 days before they close