Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

7 minutes ago, Kopek said:

It's a civil offence , between your Ms Lilly  and your consience.

If you’re taking the moral high ground in such a conspicuous and definitive way, we have to assume that you have never - that’s never - broken your own moral code in such a way that your conscience was pricked…

Can you confirm, Kopek?   Thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Well it's for your conscience Ms Lilly, if you you were to set up multiple UK tax accountants it is obvious wrath you are up to???

We all know wrath she is up to: first illicit provision of Clubcard, next a major PPE contract delivered by Temu. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jarndyce said:

If you’re taking the moral high ground in such a conspicuous and definitive way, we have to assume that you have never - that’s never - broken your own moral code in such a way that your conscience was pricked…

Can you confirm, Kopek?   Thanks.

I am absolutely  above and beyond all vexatious taxation  avoidance, unlike some of these 'new arrivals' who would seeem to abuse the UK tax authorities of their due payments  ???

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I am absolutely  above and beyond all vexatious taxation  avoidance, unlike some of these 'new arrivals' who would seeem to abuse the UK tax authorities of their due payments  ???

And Clubcard misuse is high up there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gladys said:

We all know wrath she is up to: first illicit provision of Clubcard, next a major PPE contract delivered by Temu. 

🤣  Ooooh, would the Ebay bit make me very wealthy?  

12 minutes ago, Kopek said:

You seem to have avoided the question - fair enough.   We’ll have to draw our own conclusion…🙂

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

It's a Big Tesco and not an Express.

Think that was always the plan.

I hear there are delays to the opening schedules for the remaining two and winerite, mainly caused by wholly inadequate wiring and substations. I’ve had it said to me that winewrite was wired a bit like a ring of extension cables from a 13A socket for the chilled units and freezers.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I hear there are delays to the opening schedules for the remaining two and winerite, mainly caused by wholly inadequate wiring and substations. I’ve had it said to me that winewrite was wired a bit like a ring of extension cables from a 13A socket for the chilled units and freezers.

i thought shoprite had in house electricians ??

31 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It was always the plan for Onchan to be a superstore.

I passed the Ramsey one today and peered in. Still a building site.

32 minutes ago, WTF said:

i thought shoprite had in house electricians ??

My in house Tesco source says that if they did they hadn’t been near the place for years. Finlo may know better?

Winerite has been up and running for 25 years. It originally just sold booze, then a year or two later newspapers then groceries, at which time the bank of freezer cabinets were added. A freezer broke down occasionally, maybe once a year. The building would likely need a wiring upgrade.

I am missing winerite, easy enough parking and not too crowded.

Edited by Barlow

59 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It certainly was. But there will no doubt be people on Facebook claiming it's an Express because a tin of beans has gone up by 1p since they were in Lake Road six months ago.

Ramsey big Tesco is apparently now delayed until early October. 

Not sure too much has been done at Winerite but may step up a gear now that Onchan is done. 

It may be costing Isle of Man Enterprises a pretty penny to put the fabric of the old Shoprite buildings into a sound condition for Tesco to take on the lease. 

They were in a poor state.