Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

3 minutes ago, IOM said:

To be honest I just don’t get why people want to shut debates down and complain themselves about too much debate and discussion about something. It’s not like people are forced to read these forums if people don’t want to be  bothered then that’s fair enough stop reading the thread ! 

I’m not trying to shut down debate. You’re as responsible as some others for factually inaccurate information on this thread.

Ive asked you for your solution. You provided a wish list, but no route there. Your wish list isn’t very different to mine.

I accept that there isn’t a route from where we are to where I’d like things to be.

In the meantime I’m not taken in by Tesco and its marketing, and I’m able to use it to shop reasonably economically, and not by sticking to price match or club card specials. It serves its purpose for me, especially the delivery service.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

I’m not trying to shut down debate. You’re as responsible as some others for factually inaccurate information on this thread.

Tell me what it is that I have said is factually incorrect? 

6 minutes ago, IOM said:
8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Tell me what it is that I have said is factually incorrect? 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

5p-25p premiums on the majority of products

Then you don’t understand what is going on it’s not factually incorrect . I suggest you take a further look at the pricing outside of Aldi price match and club card special offers . The vast majority of products now carry a premium to the U.K. it’s a fact . 

9 minutes ago, IOM said:

Believe what you want to believe my friend ! I only post based on what I have seen and is factual . 

Fair enough: and I didn’t suggest otherwise - but watching two people arguing about the nature of truth on an internet forum definitely demands popcorn!

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, John Wright said:

5p-25p premiums on the majority of products

That is fact though, if you look at products that aren’t on some sort of offer or a price match.

The only thing not correct about the comment you have quoted is that there are plenty of times with a much bigger than 25p premium.

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

That is fact Houghton, if you look at products that aren’t on some sort of offer or a price match.

The only thing not correct about the comment you have quoted is that there are plenty of times with a much bigger than 25p premium.

I’ve a big shop ordered. 122 items. Got family staying over Easter. I’ve just checked it for here, and Carnforth. There’s £1 in it. I’ve £18.44 in club card savings. That’s the same on both baskets.

Out of the 122 more than 100 aren’t specials, club card, or price match. 

I’ve a big shop ordered. 122 items. Got family staying over Easter. I’ve just checked it for here, and Carnforth. There’s £1 in it. I’ve £18.44 in club card savings. That’s the same on both baskets.

And within those 122 items you likely have selected Aldi price match lines and club card special offers . Probably very little from outside those two groups . Nothing wrong with that you are choosing to shop key items and special offers . Most other people won’t . 

3 minutes ago, IOM said:

And within those 122 items you likely have selected Aldi price match lines and club card special offers . Probably very little from outside those two groups . Nothing wrong with that you are choosing to shop key items and special offers . Most other people won’t . 

You’re pushing another untruth. I very carefully specified that there were more than 100 items that weren’t price matched or club card specials.

No idea why you think that all I buy are those. But it’s another misrepresentation by you.

7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Out of the 122 more than 100 aren’t specials, club card, or price match. 

Then your shop is very heavily weighted towards special offers and price match.

When I get a chance later I will do a completely random shopping list and show the differences.

I really don’t get why you are so determined to argue. The facts.  I don’t think anyone is surprised there is a difference, but to keep thing it is a bit strange 

Just now, CrazyDave said:

I really don’t get why you are so determined to argue. The facts.  I don’t think anyone is surprised there is a difference, but to keep thing it is a bit strange 

Another irony alert.

im pointing out the facts revealed by my research. I’m not  arguing. That’s you and IOM.

Ive no loyalty to Tesco.

I accept that there are some price differences.

My checks don’t show the 5-25p per item, and it’s only on some, not all.

What we need, and don’t have, is a comparison between an identical random basket at Lake Road and a nearby superstore in England, before take over and now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IOM said:

most people buys key items , if they didn't they wouldn't classed as key items, they'd just be items. 

• Like 2

Another irony alert.

im pointing out the facts revealed by my research. I’m not  arguing. That’s you and IOM.

Ive no loyalty to Tesco.

I accept that there are some price differences.

My checks don’t show the 5-25p per item, and it’s only on some, not all.

What we need, and don’t have, is a comparison between an identical random basket at Lake Road and a nearby superstore in England, before take over and now.

I can’t do before takeover, but I can easily do a completely random for now and am confident it will back up that most items are at least 5p more, which is what you keep denying