Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Another sugar fest.  The tinned peas probably also have a fair bit of sugar.

The point I am making is that there is a high skew in your results.  CBA going back any further, but each of your comparisons struck me at the time as having a lot of prepared sweet and sugary food.  Not a lot of fresh or unprocessed stuff. 

What an absolute load of drivel . Since when were plum tomatoes, unsmoked back bacon , sausages , garden peas , pink lady apples , toilet rolls , butter , carrots sweet sugary unprocessed foods ? .  I mean challenge me if you like but please don’t suggest the list is not a broad sample of products . 

6 minutes ago, IOM said:

What an absolute load of drivel . Since when were plum tomatoes, unsmoked back bacon , sausages , garden peas , pink lady apples , toilet rolls , butter , carrots sweet sugary unprocessed foods ? .  I mean challenge me if you like but please don’t suggest the list is not a broad sample of products . 

I noted which were sugary and also pointed out that tinned peas were likely to have added sugar. 

Just now, Gladys said:

I noted which were sugary and also pointed out that tinned peas were likely to have added sugar. 

Yes but you are just being silly now . The list is a broad list it’s also included in previous comparisons mince , chicken breasts, eggs , egg whites , aluminium foil , tomato soup , salad tomatoes and pasta . You have zero credibility if you want to suggest these items are not in an every day shopping basket and are sugary ! Sorry that’s just plain nonsense. 

To be fair, IOM has taken a stance on Tesco politics, not too different what most of us do?

He may be right or wrong but is it worth the angst of 'shopping around' to find a few pence difference??

Yes, some people have watch the pennies but perhaps the young housewives should put more of their overloaded trolley into the Food Bank basket???

They could feel good about that!

5 minutes ago, IOM said:

Yes but you are just being silly now . The list is a broad list it’s also included in previous comparisons mince , chicken breasts, eggs , egg whites , aluminium foil , tomato soup , salad tomatoes and pasta . You have zero credibility if you want to suggest these items are not in an every day shopping basket and are sugary ! Sorry that’s just plain nonsense. 

Battenburg cake and you question my credibility? :D

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

One thing I've come to learn in my time on MF: IOM can never be wrong. Ever. Everyone else is always wrong.

You sir are wrong as ever . Take a look back I admitted only yesterday I got the number of special offers wrong I estimated the figure too and I was happy to stand corrected and indeed apologised I very rarely see that from many posters !!!!!!What I won’t do is be pushed around when someone is disputing what is a given fact . 

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Battenburg cake and you question my credibility? :D

Yes but that’s only one of a broad selection that I chose and I have just shown you it’s across a broad shop . I picked products at random and with a sense of choosing fresh produce , meat , dairy , bakery , frozen foods , household it’s one of the broadest selections anyone could make . Really you are just being silly . 

There are online sites to compare, prices and nutritional value? Why bother  to make up our own???

Or we could just shop for what we want and reject a price we think is too much!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

The co op members card is pretty good. You get member's prices ( on admittedly  a small selection of items) but you also get to chose two offers a week, one of which for me is 75p off a reasonably decent bottle of wine, the other being a similar amount off any Andrex product.

Re delivery, it would be unusual not to be able to get a slot on the same day you look for one, particularly  if you go online in the morning.

And nine times out of ten there is a promo code for free delivery which saves you £1.99, although there is usually one  99p slot in the day ( they are in 2 hour intervals).

winner, winner Chicken dinner!

When l paid for a family funeral across, l was surprise when asked if l had a Co-op membership card.  I actually got back over £100 in points. 

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

There are online sites to compare, prices and nutritional value? Why bother  to make up our own???

Or we could just shop for what we want and reject a price we think is too much!!!

The only reason I have done it is to demonstrate a point . At least I bothered to do it and I know some posters suddenly became aware of something they did not know before . If they found it helpful good if not then so be it .  I won’t be doing anymore for sure but let’s get this straight it’s a balanced random set of products to suggest anything else is pure nonsense.