Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

21 minutes ago, Lilly said:

When l paid for a family funeral across, l was surprise when asked if l had a Co-op membership card.  I actually got back over £100 in points. 

That must have been some send off. Are you King Charles? Only worth 2 to a penny aren't they?

13 minutes ago, woolley said:

That must have been some send off. Are you King Charles? Only worth 2 to a penny aren't they?

Not any more, they've stopped that now. I used to get a 4 pack of beer every 3 months out of it. Just another example of how modern life gets shitter every day.

Edited by TheTeapot

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Not any more, they've stopped that now. I used to get a 4 pack of beer every 3 months out of it. Just another example of how modern life gets shitter every day.

Can use them till end of year.

Truth is IOM, the vast majority of people will not go to any trouble to seek out the best prices through any comparison site, except Wooley that is!, who needs two hours research before a shop??? 😀

Maybe there should be an App for people who want to compare supermarket prices within 20 miles that tell yopu, enter your MPG and hey presto, Target 26 miles away , go there and save 20p on your chimichanga!!!!! and then back to wallmart for 30 pence off your beans and so and so on.

Actually, the Island makes it to easy shop without price comparisons, we don't have a choice, what can we do???

Just now, Kopek said:

Truth is IOM, the vast majority of people will not go to any trouble to seek out the best prices through any comparison site, except Wooley that is!, who needs two hours research before a shop??? 😀

Maybe there should be an App for people who want to compare supermarket prices within 20 miles that tell yopu, enter your MPG and hey presto, Target 26 miles away , go there and save 20p on your chimichanga!!!!! and then back to wallmart for 30 pence off your beans and so and so on.

Actually, the Island makes it to easy shop without price comparisons, we don't have a choice, what can we do???

Don't use comparison sites. Just our experience buying stuff in various places. It isn't difficult and it takes no time at all beyond that taken to do the shopping. It's @IOM and @CrazyDave that keep coming up with lists of unlikely shopping combinations that are not the best buys. I've just edited them and offered better options.

I am surprised about one thing, and that's how unsophisticated many of the denizens of MF appear to be in their shopping habits.

1 minute ago, woolley said:

Don't use comparison sites. Just our experience buying stuff in various places. It isn't difficult and it takes no time at all beyond that taken to do the shopping. It's @IOM and @CrazyDave that keep coming up with lists of unlikely shopping combinations that are not the best buys. I've just edited them and offered better options.

I am surprised about one thing, and that's how unsophisticated many of the denizens of MF appear to be in their shopping habits.

The thing is the products list I have used are not necessarily things I buy . These are items I have randomly selected to show a broad shopping pattern . I know you have offered better choices that’s fair enough and I agree  with you . But the bit you are missing is I am showing that a wide selection of products are now more expensive at lake Road than across that’s an undeniable fact . Whether you or I or anybody wants to buy them is another matter the analysis is correct . 

3 hours ago, woolley said:

Takes a lot less time than your comparisons on here. Mrs W can be around a supermarket shop in about an hour (or if I'm with her, 40 minutes). Then that's it for at least a week.

It's not really a question of that. People tend to know what their regular items are. They keep a list of those and add extra products to it as they go along. It isn't at all burdensome. I bet doing this and shopping once a week takes less time than being disorganised and going into the damned place every day which seems like the ultimate pain as well as being the least economical.

Agree...Looks like there are people who would be happy to go to Tesco multiple times a week ..  I am happy with my weekly shops..😀

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, woolley said:

I will take unsophisticated in shopping habits as a compliment.  I can’t image a thing more dull than spending anymore than the minimum time required diving into a supermarket.  The idea of thinking about it beforehand and weighing up options on a tin of beans makes me shudder.

Time spent in a farm shop or a deli can be a pleasant , but Tesco or the co-op?  In and out with the minimum hassle or brain power thanks.  It’s like hoovering or ironing.  Just a chore.

Edited by CrazyDave

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

I will take unsophisticated in shopping habits as a compliment.  I can’t image a thing more dull than spending anymore than the minimum time required diving into a supermarket.  The idea of thinking about it beforehand and weighing up options on a run of beans makes me shudder.

Time spent in a farm shop or a deli can be a pleasers, but Tesco or the co-op?  In and out with the minimum hassle of brain power thanks.  It’s like hoovering or ironing.  Just a chore.

Will agree with you on that bit.. I try to spend as less time in Tesco as possible.

Usually in and out in around  20 minutes maximum.