Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

15 minutes ago, emesde said:

Kopek possibly doesn't know the difference😄

Mute =. refraining from speech or            temporarily speechless.

Moot =.  Turnip. .🙄

thanks, i wondered what they meant by mutes , i thought predictive text had screwed them over.

• Like 1

Just now, CrazyDave said:

Tesco vs Tesco express.  A kick in the nuts for people without transport who used to shop at the same price as everyone else.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMMkXvbf1/

So you’re saying people in Castletown are now paying more for groceries in Tesco than they were in ShopRite previously ? 
also if you had transport you would have a 20 mile round trip to save a few pounds on your shopping whilst spending more on petrol plus an hour of your time?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

So you’re saying people in Castletown are now paying more for groceries in Tesco than they were in ShopRite previously ? 

Read the post you quoted again, slowly.  Maybe a couple of times until you understand it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Nothing you post makes sense 

It makes perfect sense.  Its not problem that you try and read things that aren’t there.

It’s a very simple sentence.  How you managed to draw a conclusion from it that wasn’t in any way suggested or implied is quite the mystery.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Banker said:

also if you had transport you would have a 20 mile round trip to save a few pounds on your shopping whilst spending more on petrol plus an hour of your time?

There is absolutely no way the vast majority of prices in Castletown Tesco Express are cheaper than Shoprite . Have you actually been there and looked at the prices ? 

I understand an express store is slightly dearer, however not a lot off choice in Castletown store unless you want ready meals pizza burgers and sandwiches , I still need to go to lake road for things I can’t get. Very little own brand .

in shoprite they did have Sainsbury’s own brand ie-1 example marmalade just over £1 same as Tesco , in express choice of 1 Robinsons £2.20

there isn’t a butcher in Castletown  now there’s an opening there to sell meat. They had joints of meat there in December that flew of the shelves

so if you’re not mobile either because of ill health or financial reasons have to live on junk food at a high cost 

an odd whole chicken is there but only chicken breasts/mince/lamb steaks and sausage 

Plenty of fruit and veg 

Hopefully when Port Erin reopens they will have better selection 

I don’t use convenient stores except for an odd thing as they are expensive although s&s do have some coop items 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Manxmare said:

there isn’t a butcher in Castletown  now there’s an opening there to sell meat. They had joints of meat there in December that flew of the shelves

There is no butcher anywhere in the south the nearest now is Peel ! I remember one deluded Castletown commissioner talking positively about the new Tesco coming and saying there were rumours it might have a meat counter / butcher. Tesco don’t have them in their main stores anywhere so there was never a chance !!!!!

• Thanks 1