Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

11 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

So not 'near' and of course not everyone has their own transport. Someone in Ballasalla will be even worse off of course.

When I lived  elsewhere I would have thought a superstore within a 5 mile radius was close. I can't think of many places where the whole country is within  10 miles of a  superstore.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So, if it is only a stone's throw away, go to the cheaper store. 

People seem to think that everyone should get a superstore on their doorstep. Its not possible. Anywhere in the world. There are remote village and towns all over where folks have to travel and the same 'unfairness' applies

As I posted above, not all will be done before TT. Work and closures are being staggered so that all ex Shoprite stores will be open over TT. Onchan is too small to be a superstore, I think.

57 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

As I say Gladys the Onchan one is next door to the sheltered accommodation and the pensioners can walk there, however if Nelly is correct and I truly hope she is it will be fine.

The comparison should not be with Lake Road but with Shoprite's previous offering. 

Will the Onchan Tesco, whether an Express or Superstore, be better when measured against Shoprite? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

The comparison should not be with Lake Road but with Shoprite's previous offering. 

Will the Onchan Tesco, whether an Express or Superstore, be better when measured against Shoprite? 

Having failed so spectacularly in Castletown I doubt it!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, emesde said:

When I lived  elsewhere I would have thought a superstore within a 5 mile radius was close. I can't think of many places where the whole country is within  10 miles of a  superstore.

....but this is a small Island country, Tesco now have 10 stores across the Island, would it really harm their profits to have an 'all Island' pricing structure???

Would it not have been a Grand Gesture to the Islands population???

All Island rates, all Island taxes, should we have regional taxes???

Come on Tesco level your prices up!