Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

10 hours ago, Gladys said:

But why would closing a shop's carpark cause problems if the shop itself was closed?  Surely it was only customers of Shoprite who were using it? 

There are other shops and the library whose patrons use same car park

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, display name said:

Would you like to be in one?. Then you could have eternity to gripe about one retailer having one more shop than a previous retailer.

Reminds me of the time a group of lads, maybe the worse for wear, weaving their way down Michael Street, dared one of their number to go lie in a Shoprite glass topped chest freezer so the could take photos of him like a pharaohs mummy. He did, they did, Shoprite called the police, he got charged with criminal damage ( he’d crushed 6 boxes of pizza - which he offered to pay for ).

Magistrates were unimpressed charges were brought at all, gave an absolute discharge, and refused to award costs.

37 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Serious note. Much cheaper that Tesco sell or give away the commercial freezers/chill display units then dispose of as industrial waste.

Agree.  The sale of unwanted freezers in the Shoprite stores just seemed inappropriate, like they were trying to offload their junk onto their customers. 

9 hours ago, Happier diner said:

What would you suggest they do with them?

they can't afford to dump them at iom amenity site prices , better to sell them and when the buyer has them breakdown in a few months then they will be the ones to have pay the amenity site to dispose of them , clever tescos

11 hours ago, finlo said:

seeing as most of the staff have voted with their feet since it reopened.

well tesco wanted workers not ex shoprite shirkers who used to get away with doing as little as possible under crap management.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

well tesco wanted workers not ex shoprite shirkers who used to get away with doing as little as possible under crap management.

I think that’s being very unkind and derogatory to the ex Shoprite workers most who are now working in Tesco and work very hard . I think to make such a sweeping statement is totally unacceptable and uncalled for . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IOM said:

I think that’s being very unkind and derogatory to the ex Shoprite workers most who are now working in Tesco and work very hard . I think to make such a sweeping statement is totally unacceptable and uncalled for . 

according to finlo most have left ,  so if most have left most can't still be working there can they you dumb shit.

is this another smoke thing ??? is most going to mean something else soon ?

Edited by WTF
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, WTF said:

according to finlo most have left ,  so if most have left most can't still be working there can they you dumb shit.

If you thought about my comment you might realise I was referring to “ most “ and the broader group of Shoprite workers who are in Victoria Road and Lake Road . You can be as vile as you like and post rude comments it won’t bother me it just shows the type of person you really are . 

7 minutes ago, IOM said:

If you thought about my comment you might realise I was referring to “ most “ and the broader group of Shoprite workers who are in Victoria Road and Lake Road . You can be as vile as you like and post rude comments it won’t bother me it just shows the type of person you really are . 

shift the topic from castletown to everywhere to suit, good good , what's next ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Agree.  The sale of unwanted freezers in the Shoprite stores just seemed inappropriate, like they were trying to offload their junk onto their customers. 

They’re commercial, not domestic.

• Like 1