Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

32 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

"This is what we want you to buy this week"

Its very horrible

So it's horrible to buy 3 x 10 Jaffa cakes at 60p = £1.80 rather than 1 x 30 Jaffa cakes at £2.70? You're a plonker!

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It's manipulative.

The way that goods are displayed, priced, advertised and marketed for sale in any shop is manipulative

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes of course I know this. But the 'clubcard' offers, and the accompanying insane non clubcard price in the Castletown tesco is an extraordinary thing. If you don't buy the offers you are being brutally rinsed. It makes the manipulation basically coercion. It makes me sick. I drove to Douglas last week, with a fucking list, spent £120, because the express bullshit that southern residents are being subjected to is appalling. If I'd been able to buy the same stuff in Castletown it would have been closer to £200.

It's an express for the convenience apparently. Fucking amazing.

The changeover has made my life slightly worse.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Yes of course I know this. But the 'clubcard' offers, and the accompanying insane non clubcard price in the Castletown tesco is an extraordinary thing. If you don't buy the offers you are being brutally rinsed. It makes the manipulation basically coercion. It makes me sick. I drove to Douglas last week, with a fucking list, spent £120, because the express bullshit that southern residents are being subjected to is appalling. If I'd been able to buy the same stuff in Castletown it would have been closer to £200.

It's an express for the convenience apparently. Fucking amazing.

The changeover has made my life slightly worse.

Get a Clubcard.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The way that goods are displayed, priced, advertised and marketed for sale in any shop is manipulative

And packaged, its called marketing and applies to everything that is sold. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

spent £120, because the express bullshit that southern residents are being subjected to is appalling. If I'd been able to buy the same stuff in Castletown it would have been closer to £200.

Surely not. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:
3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

spent £120, because the express bullshit that southern residents are being subjected to is appalling. If I'd been able to buy the same stuff in Castletown it would have been closer to £200.

Surely not.

It's quite possible.  It's not just the 15-20% markup that comes with Express pricing, it's also the lack of budget lines being there in the first place.  So rather than buying a 30p can of beans, the cheapest available is at 50p in Lake Road, 60p with Express add-on.  And not all Clubcard offers not being available in Castletown will mean that those savings aren't available.  And if you're going into Lake Road to do your shopping you're going to concentrate on items where the gap is biggest and items you can't get elsewhere, so a big gap in total seems likely.

I'm sure Teapot does have a Clubcard, he's just making the point that even the offers that they do have and advertise, make the discrepancies look even worse and more annoying.

• Like 2

I hear that Tesco  made over 2 billion profit! Most of that from Castletown express store!!!

Union are calling for them to cut their prices a bit.

Edited by Kopek
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I hear that Tesco  made over 2 billion profit! Most of that from Castletown express store!!!

Actually £2.49 billion on a turnover of £57.6 billion. Another way of looking at this is a profit of 4.3% on sales.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kopek said:

13 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Actually £2.49 billion on a turnover of £57.6 billion. Another way of looking at this is a profit of 4.3% on sales.

Sorry Kopek,you need a new comedy partner.