Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

The irony of this is that IOM is accusing me of saying that he was talking drivel

Now ”drivel" isn't a word I often use,so I checked back and I can't find that I have ever used it. But I apologise if I have as It isn't something I would want used against me. However I find it was used by IOM himself  regarding a post by Gladys. Something to do with tinned tomatoes.

One would hope IOM  would stop his childish behaviour of putting Confused emojis after all my posts and whilst I wouldn't expect him to apologise to me I would expect him to apologise to Gladys  for using words  which he is taking exception to himself as being objectionable.

4 minutes ago, emesde said:

The irony of this is that IOM is accusing me of saying that he was talking drivel

Now ”drivel" isn't a word I often use,so I checked back and I can't find that I have ever used it. But I apologise if I have as It isn't something I would want used against me. However I find it was used by IOM himself  regarding a post by Gladys. Something to do with tinned tomatoes.

One would hope IOM  would stop his childish behaviour of putting Confused emojis after all my posts and whilst I wouldn't expect him to apologise to me I would expect him to apologise to Gladys  for using words  which he is taking exception to himself as being objectionable.

Actually I am very happy to apologise to you and Gladys you are right I should not have described it as drivel . Sometimes though it does feel that some of my posts ( which don’t always follow the majority opinion ) are being attacked by people but maybe that’s me . As I have previously said I really don’t worry about it at all but what I will do is stand my ground if people don’t appear to respect what I am saying .  And for clarity I do recognise and respect everyone has a different view and opinion.  What I did not find helpful was a post by yourself which said my posts were ‘ boring boring boring ‘ . But maybe they are and if so I am sorry for that too . In the main my aim is only ever to have a reasoned debate based around facts . 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, emesde said:

Thank you IOM, apology accepted and hope no hard feelings. Let's try to keep it civilised.👍

Agreed no hard feelings at all I really don’t mind and as you say civilised is how it should be . But like I said not everyone takes the same approach I mean one poster called me a dumb xxxx recently there is no need for that and I would never reply on a forum in that way . 

• Like 1

Someone has a strong desire to bury me in St Peter’s Church Yard while the ground is soft but it doesn’t do to take any notice, the irony is the family plot is in the said Church yard so someone will be doing the hard work for them….not too soon I hope 🤣.     There are some very angry people on this forum their blood pressure must give rise for concern.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped in to the ‘flagship’ store on the Isle of Man today.  

Clothing for blokes consisted of ASBO trackie bottoms and hoddies in black.  A few shirts and some shorts in a space of about 5 square foot.

The floor has tiles missing and a bloody great crack in it.  

Angled steel work ready to smack your head on 

Majority of the checkouts are the Self Service crap.

Most of the veg had tomorrow’s Best before dates and the lettuce was brown at the edges.  

Just like the store is replaced.

..and as for the car park and painted pathways, what’s the point of what’s there?   

I was expecting a lot better for the hype.  

3 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Dropped in to the ‘flagship’ store on the Isle of Man today.  

Clothing for blokes consisted of ASBO trackie bottoms and hoddies in black.  A few shirts and some shorts in a space of about 5 square foot.

The floor has tiles missing and a bloody great crack in it.  

Angled steel work ready to smack your head on 

Majority of the checkouts are the Self Service crap.

Most of the veg had tomorrow’s Best before dates and the lettuce was brown at the edges.  

Just like the store is replaced.

..and as for the car park and painted pathways, what’s the point of what’s there?   

I was expecting a lot better for the hype.  

I was invited to accompany Mrs W on her first expedition to Victoria Rd last weekend. She'd waited until the initial hype had died down.

First impressions are that it's very smart, obviously all the fittings are shiny and new. Other than that it was a bit of a disappointment. Yes, there is the clothing section, and quite a lot of kids' stuff that I'm sure they'll move a lot of, but clearly this isn't going to be taking over from Lake Road. Quite a lot of the stuff we normally buy was missing. She queried this with "colleagues" walking the floor:

"Do you have x?"

"No, we don't stock it."

"I normally get it at Lake Road."

"Yes, but we only carry 40% of the grocery lines they do."

"I thought this was going to be the flagship Tesco on the Island."

"So did we, but that's it. The clothing and other non-food lines, but only 40% of the stuff in Lake Road."

So I doubt whether she will be making a return visit.

8 minutes ago, woolley said:

My experience of the 3 visits I have made is that this comment is pretty accurate as several items I looked for were missing. 

9 hours ago, woolley said:

I was invited to accompany Mrs W on her first expedition to Victoria Rd last weekend. She'd waited until the initial hype had died down.

First impressions are that it's very smart, obviously all the fittings are shiny and new. Other than that it was a bit of a disappointment. Yes, there is the clothing section, and quite a lot of kids' stuff that I'm sure they'll move a lot of, but clearly this isn't going to be taking over from Lake Road. Quite a lot of the stuff we normally buy was missing. She queried this with "colleagues" walking the floor:

"Do you have x?"

"No, we don't stock it."

"I normally get it at Lake Road."

"I thought this was going to be the flagship Tesco on the Island."

"So did we, but that's it. The clothing and other non-food lines, but only 40% of the stuff in Lake Road."

So I doubt whether she will be making a return visit.

And have they put any seating behind the check outs ?