Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

1 hour ago, monasqueen said:

I probably count as a "geriatric", but I make a point of trying to have my card/s in my hand to ensure that I can make a quick getaway.

What I find really pathetic is the youngsters who have to pay with their mobile phone, after spending about 10 minutes looking for "smart" vouchers. It's those people who cause queue blockages.

At least if you use the self service, it's only yourself you are holding up, but give me a human at a till every time (and give someone a job).

I think the big plus of the self checkout is that it's far easier to shoplift. Even if they catch you they just let you pay for the item and go on your way.

27 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I understand that and have said before that you should raise it with the Store Manager. 

I did I explain on a previous post that I did exactly that . I have not been to the store since but I suspect nothing has been done about it . I like to think if other people read about various things on these forums and agree they will give the same feedback and maybe if the store is getting consistent feedback they might do something about it ! 

1 hour ago, monasqueen said:

I probably count as a "geriatric", but I make a point of trying to have my card/s in my hand to ensure that I can make a quick getaway.

What I find really pathetic is the youngsters who have to pay with their mobile phone, after spending about 10 minutes looking for "smart" vouchers. It's those people who cause queue blockages.

At least if you use the self service, it's only yourself you are holding up, but give me a human at a till every time (and give someone a job).

Paying with  phone takes two seconds.

Double click the side button and present the single QR code that debits the nominated account and uses your club card.

Way quicker than paying with a debit card and separate club card.

1 hour ago, WTF said:

i feel your pain ,  i had the joy, and to be fair i found it rather amusing as i took the piss out of them , watching a couple of youngsters in  front of me scroll up and down their phones for 5 minutes looking for vouchers they didn't find , followed by wanting to pay part cash part card which the even younger lad on the till didn't know how to do,  but i would recognise them again and would queue behind someone else.

They sound like idiots.  It’s one QR code to apply all your vouchers and pay.

2 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Victoria Road seems to have everything Lake Road does which is good. It's just difficult to find which I guess will get easier with familiarity.

Haven't been back to lake road since Victoria Road opened, is it any quieter?

It doesn't. According to the staff, they carry only 40% of the grocery lines that are stocked in the Lake Road store. This was borne out by our experience in searching for stuff that wasn't there. On this basis, it would appear that all those around the Island who thought they were going to enjoy the Tesco Superstore experience closer to hand are going to be disappointed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

You sound lovely 🙄

He was an old fella and he was slow. He was a nice chap. However Mrs Happier Diner used to go to tills where there was a queue rather than his if there wasn't . She said it would work out quicker overall 🤣

• Like 1