Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

Just now, Happier diner said:

Like @Gladys says though. It's done and dusted. They haven't broken any of our laws and such laws cannot be applied retrospectivly so we have to move on. 

If you feel that strongly about Tesco, there are alternatives. Not a great choice of alternatives I agree and I guess that's your gripe. 

It's ain't gonna change anytime soon so we will just have to get used to it. 

Yes I do agree with what you and @Gladyssay and it’s important to shop around . It does not stop me having an opinion about it all though and commenting on it from time to time if it appears relevant.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, IOM said:

Yes I do agree with what you and @Gladyssay and it’s important to shop around . It does not stop me having an opinion about it all though and commenting on it from time to time if it appears relevant.

Do you ever post on other topics? You seem a little pre-occupied with this subject.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, reptar said:

I used to love Captain Morgan's Spiced, but I can't understand why anyone would drink it still now we've got Kraken🙂

I love Fynoderee's Glashtyn but at £44/bottle I can get twice as pissed on Captain Morgans :)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

Do you ever post on other topics? You seem a little pre-occupied with this subject.

Yes I post on the airport topic, Manx radio and others on here too . Sorry if it comes across as a little pre-occupied I have actually not commented on it for several weeks now . 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Most factually correct things you've posted tbf. 

There's also a documentary you might like (to hate). 24h in Tesco

https://www.netflix.com/us/title/81710527?s=a&trkid=13747225&trg=cp&vlang=en

That link takes me to a netflix ad.

This might be the one referring to a channel 5 programme 

https://www.channel5.com/inside-tesco-24-7

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Most factually correct things you've posted tbf. 

There's also a documentary you might like (to hate). 24h in Tesco

https://www.netflix.com/us/title/81710527?s=a&trkid=13747225&trg=cp&vlang=en

In fact you are such a genius that even your link does not work ….. well done @Hairy Poppins you really are a true genius 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Works fine for me. You must be so technically incompetent... it's no wonder you hate the new modern stores.

No it takes me to a Netflix ad exactly as @emesde says . I will take another look with a different lap top despite what you might think I am happy to watch it if only to see what goes through your superior brain and secondly I do have technical competence thankyou . 

18 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

The link works 

Well we all know for sure that you really are a genius is it Anthony or Dave I never know which you are from one day to the next ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 4/29/2024 at 10:57 AM, NoTailT said:

I love Fynoderee's Glashtyn but at £44/bottle I can get twice as pissed on Captain Morgans :)

Well you can get times more pissed on Diamond ( whatever it is) cider for a fraction of the price.

But your standard gin, say Gordon’s is half the price, or less of Fynoderee and other premium gins say 2/3 the price.

Fynoderee  ( which is OK) I see as a sort of novelty product. Take a bottle home for the people who have been looking after your dog or cat for you whilst you  have had a weekend in the IOM. 

21 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

your standard gin, say Gordon’s is half the price, or less of Fynoderee and other premium gins say 2/3 the price.

Plymouth Gin ,£21  a bottle  on Clubcard promotion at the moment 41.2 percent ABV, 🤪

• Sad 1