Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

10 hours ago, NoTailT said:

The poor young girl working on the counter at Vic Rd was awfully bemused and concerned when I - rather flustered - asked her for 20 lesbians and bisexuals

Probably not stocked at Vic Road…

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Robinson's are also reportedly looking for large units in the north and south of the island to open shops in.

Would not be surprised I was in Robinson’s on Wednesday the store was very busy with all four checkouts open . The meat selection is very good and not that expensive. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Robinson's are also reportedly looking for large units in the north and south of the island to open shops in.

i remember when they had their own shop in ramsey and i would guess at one point they had shops in other towns too.  do i remember correctly that there was one in strand street at some point ?    they did have one in the  shops between the villa and gaiety too as well as the one still going on the terrace.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WTF said:

i remember when they had their own shop in ramsey and i would guess at one point they had shops in other towns too.  do i remember correctly that there was one in strand street at some point ?    they did have one in the  shops between the villa and gaiety too as well as the one still going on the terrace.

I seem to remember they had a store in the Strand very near to where WH Smith’s is now 

37 minutes ago, WTF said:

Think it was Connibears about where the Spar shop is next to Boots. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IOM said:

I seem to remember they had a store in the Strand very near to where WH Smith’s is now 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Think it was Connibears about where the Spar shop is next to Boots. 

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

that was Conibears, iirc. 

Didn’t Joan Connibear marry Johann Horsthuis and didn’t it morph into Robinsons?

I remember an arcade, with an entrance on Strand St, maybe down an alleyway, but the main shop front entrance on Howard Street.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Didn’t Joan Connibear marry Johann Horsthuis and didn’t it morph into Robinsons?

By jove I do believe you are correct, JW.

She was the apple of his eye, a proper peach in her younger days. A fruitful marriage it was too. 

Edited by quilp
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, IOM said:

Would not be surprised I was in Robinson’s on Wednesday the store was very busy with all four checkouts open . The meat selection is very good and not that expensive. 

Yes, popped up today.  Very busy and A&J butchers have a good range.   I do wonder how they are competing with the various Asian grocers that have opened recently, but they have some great 'exotics'

• Like 1