Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

One thing I really miss is kidneys.

I used to love those and you rarely see them now .Yet when I go to France and also Luxembourg or Spain they are frequently on restaurant menus. Cooked in wine or sherry they are lovely.

It makes you wonder why chef ,(cooks) here complain about the cost of ingredients and not being able to make profits. Yet generally don't use these cheaper often delicious cuts of meat and offal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, emesde said:

It makes you wonder why chef ,(cooks) here complain about the cost of ingredients and not being able to make profits. Yet generally don't use these cheaper often delicious cuts of meat and offal.

Either they don’t think the customers will order them; or they don’t know how to cook them to best advantage.   A number of other comments here make me think that offal was a “home-cooked” thing rather than a restaurant plate.

9 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Always good to wash them first!   And take the membrane off.   And cut the calyx out with a pair of sharp scissors.

They don't do well in a microwave. 

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Dead cow and piss filter pie, the good old name for steak and kidney.

Till those wokes in the pie marketing board got their way. Damn wokes!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, emesde said:

I see that the Port Erin Tesco is planned to open on Thursday this week. Bet that will attract a big crowd.

Need to. As the Co-op has been a shambles since shoprite closed. 

• Like 1

''   Yet generally don't use these cheaper often delicious cuts of meat and offal. ''.

ALondon restaurant does Cods Head, 28 quid! What a cheek!!!

14 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I wonder if they’ll be selling kidneys…🤔

I think they probably do.i bought some prepacked a while ago in a superstore but didn't like them very much .Fresh ones from a butcher are  a much better bet.

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Need to. As the Co-op has been a shambles since shoprite closed. 

Yes agreed it has been a total shambles -very poor availability they have missed an open goal. This is exactly the point I made several weeks ago but several posters just laughed at me ! 

8 minutes ago, IOM said:

Yes agreed it has been a total shambles -very poor availability they have missed an open goal. This is exactly the point I made several weeks ago but several posters just laughed at me ! 

I suspect most would ignore your feeble meanderings and whining