Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

Just now, display name said:

I suspect most would ignore your feeble meanderings and whining

Fair enough people are entitled to their own view . Does not matter that I was proven right though does it ? Please feel free to share what your meanderings and comments are though from what I have seen very little if nothing ! 

Just now, IOM said:

Fair enough people are entitled to their own view . Does not matter that I was proven right though does it ? Please feel free to share what your meanderings and comments are though from what I have seen very little if nothing ! 

Trust me,nothing you have said holds any value whatsoever. It's all just waffle and ranting,mostly about one particular grocery store chain.   They do offer funeral plans though,it might be worth you checking it out

18 minutes ago, IOM said:

You have been proved  right in nothing I have seen in your 200 plus posts in this thread.You said that the co-op was very busy and running out of stock. That was a fact that anyone could see .That wasn't anything to do with your intervention.

7 minutes ago, emesde said:

You have been proved  right in nothing I have seen in your 200 plus posts in this thread.You said that the co-op was very busy and running out of stock. That was a fact that anyone could see .That wasn't anything to do with your intervention.

Fair enough that’s your opinion and you are entitled to it . As always time will tell with these things. 

2 hours ago, Gizo said:

Need to. As the Co-op has been a shambles since shoprite closed. 

Missed a big chance. Should have had extra stock shelved late evening after closing, and so staff not trying to refill by day. Has been a shop to avoid. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cinderella said:

Missed a big chance. Should have had extra stock shelved late evening after closing, and so staff not trying to refill by day. Has been a shop to avoid. 

But it's always been like that.  There simply isn't the space in the store, so staff have to restock continuously while open just to make sure there's anything on the shelves.  What adds to the problem is that there isn't the storage behind the scenes to restock from in a lot of cases so the maximum stock that can be delivered may not be enough when there's extra pressure.

In fact Tesco operate the same way anyway, but with more space and wider aisles you can at least dodge round the staff without you both having apologise every five seconds.

Luv 'em or hate em' you have to admire the speed and efficiency with   which Tesco have moved in and totally refurbished and updated 4 stores now. Totally changed the dated retail operation that they acquired. Now well stocked shops with a good compliment of staff and up to date systems,cheaper, better value  a credit to retailing on the Island.fmcg at it's best.

It also goes to show how shoprite had done very or little investment in Maintenance and up to date industrial equipment in place. PE looks like it’s had a complete overhaul of equipment judging by all the stuff that was dumped (they did dump a perfectly good Defibrillator which not happy about). 
In the end it’ll be that both parties have got a good deal. Shoprite getting out whilst they could without spending snd Tesco having a near Monopoly. 

7 minutes ago, Gizo said:

They were planning of shops on the old Whitestone garage site. Dunno what happened to that. 

It was probably to make it look like they were doing something while sorting the Tesco stuff in the background.

On 5/14/2024 at 10:36 PM, Cinderella said:

I think the issue has been what Roger described. I've been in at 9 and the shelves empty, but 8 next morning its restocked. 

The main problem has been people who normally shopped at Shoprite visiting there and continuing to act with the complete disregard for other people that they display playing dodgems in the Shoprite car park. 

Went to Tesco today. Seems a better layout than Shoprite was, although some of the shelving choices were odd (instant noodles in a different aisle than dried noodles?) Word of warning you need to sign up to their Clubcard scheme to get 2 for 1 offers etc. 

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

And the garage in ballasalla too. Stop just hogging land. 

Tesco are quite serious petrol station operators in the UK so   I wonder if they have ambitions in that direction here.

Site like the Ballasalla one could hold several pumps and charging points.

Linked to cross product promotions could be a future development (buy x pounds of petrol and get a voucher to use in the shops and /or. Spend  x pounds in store and get a discount voucher off petrol  etc ) 

22 minutes ago, Gizo said:

They were planning of shops on the old Whitestone garage site. Dunno what happened to that. 

They were granted planning ages ago, and got it extended last year. 

• Thanks 1