Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

9 minutes ago, IOM said:

You can laugh as much as you like about the need for seating . Three elderly people separately raised this when I was talking to them so all I was doing was representing their views . I appreciate you may not need seating yourself and that’s good but some people do . And if you want to carry on laughing then I suggest you go have a conversation with those very three people who are all over eighty and see what they have to say to you . 

You sad, sad ,humourless. person.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, IOM said:

You can laugh as much as you like about the need for seating . Three elderly people separately raised this when I was talking to them so all I was doing was representing their views . I appreciate you may not need seating yourself and that’s good but some people do . And if you want to carry on laughing then I suggest you go have a conversation with those very three people who are all over eighty and see what they have to say to you . 

Well, those three people should be happy now, probably thanks to you.  So top marks

However, it may be a bit of a squeeze on that bench if they all turn up at the same time. 

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

Congratulations on opening yet another outlet with higher prices and less choice!

What are you comparing their higher prices and less choice with?  It's a Tesco Express after all. 

Posted (edited)

I got stuck in the gridlock of traffic at Lake Road Tesco this afternoon, apparently due to Castletown Road being closed for tree trimming? It was a nightmare; no one could move.  I just wonder why the department responsible would choose today, as TT is about commence. 

Sorry, l think l may have posted this in the wrong listing.  It was the Tesco bit that encouraged me!

Edited by Lilly
Clarification

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I got stuck in the gridlock of traffic at Lake Road Tesco this afternoon, apparently due to Castletown Road being closed for tree trimming? It was a nightmare; no one could move.  I just wonder why the department responsible would choose today, as TT is about commence. 

Because the governance of this isle is by total wankers.

5 minutes ago, finlo said:

Because the governance of this isle is by total wankers.

I must say, there were quite a few people who was rather cross at the gridlock situation, if that was the the cause Finlo.  

12 minutes ago, finlo said:

These are the major complaints about Castletown and St Paul's now joined by Michael St.

So people will avoid those stores.

Despite what you think, I am not a blind Tesco fan, but to be perfectly frank, they are miles better than Shoprite.   

To be fair to Shoprite, they couldn't compete as they didn't have the buying power, despite trying many tie-ups with big names.  But the stores were very run down, their prices were high and the range limited. 

We have what we have, nothing we can do other than decide where we shop, and I would not do a big shop in a Tesco Express. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

So people will avoid those stores.

Despite what you think, I am not a blind Tesco fan, but to be perfectly frank, they are miles better than Shoprite.   

To be fair to Shoprite, they couldn't compete as they didn't have the buying power, despite trying many tie-ups with big names.  But the stores were very run down, their prices were high and the range limited. 

We have what we have, nothing we can do other than decide where we shop, and I would not do a big shop in a Tesco Express. 

Sorry but their range was way better than Tesco unless you're happy with their shitty own brand crap.

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Sorry but their range was way better than Tesco unless you're happy with their shitty own brand crap.

Just to add their stated aim is to push all other retailers off the island so I hope their low quality offerings satisfy all your retail requirements.