Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

7 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

I honestly didn’t know you could take food back to a supermarket! It’s never occurred to me.

Where do you take it? How do they know you didn’t leave it in the car overnight?

I guess you learn something new every day.

Only ever done it once with Shoprite, it was days after I bought it, they didn't question it, didn't even look at the receipt. I guess it's called customer service.

I'll let you know how I get on with Tesco tomorrow.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

They were already mouldy when I got them home, they're going back tomorrow.

quite surprising that they went from fit to put in  your basket to mouldy by the time you got home 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WTF said:

quite surprising that they went from fit to put in  your basket to mouldy by the time you got home 

Just wish they put fresh foods in transparent packaging. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Do what the Americans do and wash them with weak bleach (milton diluted 100*) and rinse well. Does wonders to their longevity. 

.................. and they never got Covid!!!

6 hours ago, woolley said:

If you despise the company with the passion you demonstrate here, why continue taking the shilling?

Christ Wooley, if no one did a job they didn't like the job queue would be huge? Next you Tories will be saying that if you don't like your job you have to do Two years in the Army !!!😜

7 hours ago, woolley said:

You keep saying this, but you decline to elucidate. I could understand your reticence if you were directing the Tesco operation on the Island whilst hating their guts, but then you post absolute nonsense about every aspect of the business which proves you don't have the inside track you claim. If in spite of this, you actually are on the inside, then why? If you despise the company with the passion you demonstrate here, why continue taking the shilling? If you are a contractor you shouldn't be dealing with them on principle. If you merely work for a contractor to them, you are not on the inside.

You really have no idea, the comedy gold they provide is absolutely priceless!

This pro, anti Tesco fight has become a bit polarised, face slapping ad infinitum?

My posts are not aimed specifically at Tesco but at cynical retail dubious practises.

2 hours ago, WTF said:

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Just wish they put fresh foods in transparent packaging. 

Didn't spend that long looking to be honest, never had to in the past - a shop not selling mouldy food is kind of assumed in my world.

13 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Didn't spend that long looking to be honest, never had to in the past - a shop not selling mouldy food is kind of assumed in my world.

That is true, I hope you get your money back. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

your username fits for this one 😁

Posted (edited)

....but should you get all of your money back? Berry fruits tend to rot from underneath, if you don't shake the tub to check, are you not 50:50 responsible?

After all, refunds cost other shoppers, eventually, through higher prices???

Edited by Kopek
grammar, thort I should!!!!

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

....but should you get all of your money back? Berry fruits tend to rot from underneath, if you don't shake the tub to check, are you not 50:50 responsible?

After all, refunds cost other shoppers, eventually, through higher prices???

So is it my fault for not shaking the tub and checking that the bottom of the berries weren't rotten?

Or is it the retailer's fault for selling something that's not fit for the purpose for which it's sold?

Hmm, difficult one that.