Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

I think Kopek advice on gently shaking the berries is a good one; however, l always turn the soft fruit upside down to check there is no mushy fruit stuck to the bottom of the container.  That usually works too.   I have returned food to Tesco that was not up to their usual standard, and l find they are very fair will reimburse you without any difficulties.

• Like 5

On 5/26/2024 at 7:31 PM, Kopek said:

Christ Wooley, if no one did a job they didn't like the job queue would be huge? Next you Tories will be saying that if you don't like your job you have to do Two years in the Army !!!😜

Never a Tory. Wash your mouth out. There are enough jobs around not to have to work for an employer you despise.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Tesco this week and bought a case of beer .great price on Clubcard.

However some German visitors also bought the same beer  but would have been charged several pounds more ,I presume, unless they had a Tesco club card. Is this legal and if so ethical when someone buys the same product in the same store. Obviously anyone local or from the UK had the opportunity to get a Tesco card. However not the same for visitors from another country. What do you think .?

4 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

You could have lent them  your card 😍

I wasn't next to them at the checkout.They  just happened to buy the same product I did . Anyway I think their dad may have bombed our local chip shop.😂

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, emesde said:

However not the same for visitors from another country.

Nothing to stop them from registering on line and getting a virtual one.

38 minutes ago, emesde said:

I was in Tesco this week and bought a case of beer .great price on Clubcard.

However some German visitors also bought the same beer  but would have been charged several pounds more ,I presume, unless they had a Tesco club card. Is this legal and if so ethical when someone buys the same product in the same store. Obviously anyone local or from the UK had the opportunity to get a Tesco card. However not the same for visitors from another country. What do you think .?

TBF, that has been a point made by IOM. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

See my answer immediately above.

ive downloaded apps for grocers I use in Spain and Bulgaria, plus France and Italy. In particular I use for fuel, where having a Carrefour card gets me an 8 cent per litre discount. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Thanks . Although @emesde and others have said in previous posts that I have no idea what I am talking about !!!!!

28 minutes ago, IOM said:

I have no idea what I am talking about

Taken you a long time to come to acceptance. DM me with your name and address and I’ll personally pay for a plaque and send it to you, framed, to hang on your wall.

• Haha 3