Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

Well as a Ramsey resident I will put my tuppence in.

Generally:-

Co op is cheaper for fruit than Shoprite ( Robinson) used to be, and at least of equal quality

On a foray to Douglas Tesco’s fruit is cheaper than both but more short dated.

But there are differences between each individual type of fruit for, cost and longevity between the three stores.

It puts one in mind of the conundrum with the boy in the boat having to transport a goose a fox and a bag of grain ( from one side of the river bank to the other)without loosing any of them.

10 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

As a Ramsey Shoprite regular temporarily obliged to use the Ramsey Co-op due to the ongoing Tesco assimilation of the main Shoprite - I reckon my weekly bill is now 15-20% more than on comparable Shoprite items.

Well - informed man told me that Co-op's weekly take is up more than £25k since Shoprite closed. 

It'd be up by more if they had thought it through and stocked up accordingly! Their management is southgatesque in terms of reactiveness- should mean lots of food at reduced prices when Tesco opens!

11 hours ago, WTF said:

t will be down more than 25k when the tesco opens.

Except there are plenty of examples where the Coop price is cheaper than Tesco . The latest I found was a tub of Lurpak butter ( 400g) was £3.95 in Tesco whereas the Coop price was £3.00 and with an offer on their card another 50p off so only £2.50. It’s just not the case that Tesco are always cheaper and all that’s before another Tesco Express premium! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

Tills all down and turning customers away.

Assuming it’s not a national outage (as in UK) I hope they kept the local IT support that Shoprite had.

They didn't, far too arrogant to think they might be required.