Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

16 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Rather like saying that Cassava is ten for a shilling in East Africa but ten quid a kilo here on the Island. Whar are the wages to produce these things and would WE be willing to work for that???

That's the point though. If we are a so-called self governing nation, then we shouldn't expect identical pricing to the UK. 

We may have a lot of similarities with the other island, but we're not the UK. 

We were the first 99p Shop to sell everything at £1.20

Quids Inn is still a quid to get in, although the pints are no longer a quid. They were the days. Pissed and a kebab for a tenner.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

No, absolute fact, true.

How can you say that when you're just pitting your opinion against someone else's opinion???

Spats aside of course!!!

I am absolutely delighted Tesco are opening their Onchan Branch tomorrow I hope the previously employed people are there because they are all great.   There is going to be a cash machine on site and the parking is easy so just great.    I have been told that when all the stores are up and running Lake Road is getting renovated.    

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

I am absolutely delighted Tesco are opening their Onchan Branch tomorrow I hope the previously employed people are there because they are all great.   There is going to be a cash machine on site and the parking is easy so just great.    I have been told that when all the stores are up and running Lake Road is getting renovated.    

No Shoprite around to object to planning now

Anyone else noticing that TESCO quality is about the same as Shoprite used to be?  

Took back some stuff well within its BB date that was either mouldy or just plain skanky.  

Label placement seems to be a great game with them at the moment.  Big labels covering up inches of fat or empty space on meats, or a packet of two steaks that are really 3 or 4 sinuous lumps covered up to look like 2. 

M&S seem to play the same tricks as well.  Their own brand ‘quality’ stuff seems like the sweepings up off the floor of usually price items. 

2 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Anyone else noticing that TESCO quality is about the same as Shoprite used to be?  

Took back some stuff well within its BB date that was either mouldy or just plain skanky.  

Label placement seems to be a great game with them at the moment.  Big labels covering up inches of fat or empty space on meats, or a packet of two steaks that are really 3 or 4 sinuous lumps covered up to look like 2. 

M&S seem to play the same tricks as well.  Their own brand ‘quality’ stuff seems like the sweepings up off the floor of usually price items. 

Must be the Pulrose warehouse of doom 

1 hour ago, x-in-man said:

I always found tesco fruit and veg to be better when there was shoprite. 

I now find that tesco fruit and veg is still better than shoprite used to be now there is no shoprite. 

Not perfect granted. Bit still better and just the same as it always was. 

Fruit ans Veg in Tesco and Shoprite is 'pick your own', did you have your glasses on???

Of course there is variation in the quality of all products, it's a question of selecting the best or not buying it!

As to the 'steaks' ! If it was four  4oz steaks stacked, they would label it as such and if you think you are getting two 8oz steaks for a fiver, then think again.

Or, simply be more reasonable in your criticism and shop for your requirements more discerningly!!! 

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

Fruit ans Veg in Tesco and Shoprite is 'pick your own', did you have your glasses on???

Of course there is variation in the quality of all products, it's a question of selecting the best or not buying it!

As to the 'steaks' ! If it was four  4oz steaks stacked, they would label it as such and if you think you are getting two 8oz steaks for a fiver, then think again.

Or, simply be more reasonable in your criticism and shop for your requirements more discerningly!!! 

I think shopping needs more attention than just grabbing the nearest item, l think it's always worthwhile doing your own visual quality check, you should also return items that are less acceptable or email attached photos of unacceptable quality. 

• Like 1