Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

8 hours ago, Gladys said:

Yes, most people seemed to checkout through the customer service desk. 

Perhaps everyone would like a return to a counter with the staff fetching the items from the shelves, totting up the bill on a paper bag  and the cheese being cut and wrapped in greaseproof paper. 

well said granville

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Great new store in Onchan. Has everything for a weekly shop.

Good to see you continue your cheerleading! At least there are a few more you can promote when they open but am not sure what you are going to after that ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Asda in the UK has started to reverse its policy of self service as they were losing money over customers scamming.    Of course all Islanders are scrupulously honest so there won’t be a problem on the Island.    Personally I would never go near a self serve station and a lot of customers my age hate them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

Asda in the UK has started to reverse its policy of self service as they were losing money over customers scamming.    Of course all Islanders are scrupulously honest so there won’t be a problem on the Island.    Personally I would never go near a self serve station and a lot of customers my age hate them.

I find them OK...nothing worse than getting stuck in the queue behind yackers, slow packers, penny counters and coupon merchants (often some people are all 4).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WTF said:

IOM still won't be happy,

even if you take off the jobs lost in  admin it is still a good boost to employment figures.

What an absolute load of nonsense if you read my posts properly you might just understand that I entirely understand that some people are very happy with Tesco and that’s fine with me . And if genuine new jobs have been created that’s a good thing .

What  I do find odd is posters “cheerleading “every new store as it opens or other posters who refuse to accept basic facts about their pricing but again that’s their choice and entirely up to them . 

2 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Any news yet on if Tesco are going to make a concerted effort to sell local produce? Or we going to just put all our food security eggs in one basket, so to speak?

They already sell Manx meat, eggs, potatoes, milk, cheese, flour, cabbage, rum, butter, ice cream... what other Manx produce would you like Tesco to sell? 

How about asking why M&S and Co-op sell only minimal Manx produce? Was just milk and cheese last time I checked.

Edited by Hairy Poppins

40 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I find them OK...nothing worse than getting stuck in the queue behind yackers, slow packers, penny counters and coupon merchants (often some people are all 4).

An opportunity to relax and do your deep breathing exercises.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, IOM said:

Good to see you continue your cheerleading! At least there are a few more you can promote when they open but am not sure what you are going to after that ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You really are funny. Are you some kind of Alan Partridge character? 

Far from cheerleading, I'm simply posting a positive view on a new development... you should try being positive for once rather than always being a negative Norman.

5 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

You really are funny. Are you some kind of Alan Partridge character? 

Far from cheerleading, I'm simply posting a positive view on a new development... you should try being positive for once rather than always being a negative Norman.

I can assure you I am a very positive person overall .  I think there are many great things on this island personally I just don’t get excited about a Tesco store opening ! However I accept you really like Tesco and want to celebrate the opening of each one that’s fair enough for me you go ahead and enjoy it -I am sure the team at Cheshunt appreciate what you are doing for them ! 

7 minutes ago, IOM said:

I can assure you I am a very positive person overall .  I think there are many great things on this island personally I just don’t get excited about a Tesco store opening ! However I accept you really like Tesco and want to celebrate the opening of each one that’s fair enough for me you go ahead and enjoy it -I am sure the team at Cheshunt appreciate what you are doing for them ! 

Why does it matter so much to you if anyone else feels positive about anything, Tesco included? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Why does it matter so much to you if anyone else feels positive about anything, Tesco included? 

Another load of nonsense! Read my post again I said I was happy if he got excited about Tesco for me personally i have other things to have more interested in - that was it ! @Hairy Poppinswas trying to say I am not a positive person and in my view ( accepting that’s my view of course others can think differently if they want ) I think I am !