Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

3 minutes ago, emesde said:

Based on a 40 hour week that equates to £25 k per annum. I think a lot of society would think that ok.

As WTF Said there are discounts on purchases and would add up to a decent package.

In fact would probably make them higher rate  tax payers....well on part of their income anyway. 

Maybe it's the tax system that needs looking at. 🙄

My 16 year old daughter is earning more than that in her summer job!!

Do people really think that a more employer paying adults £12 an hour is ok?

Wow.  I suppose as long as people can buy cheap beans 🤷‍♂️

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Boots are paying £12.02 an hour for this role. 

Thats poor.

That Boots is made for walkin, cos that's what staff will do, one of these days they'll go elsewhere, and say to Boots "f**k you".

12 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Thats poor.

That Boots is made for walkin, cos that's what staff will do, one of these days they'll go elsewhere, and say to Boots "f**k you".

They will probably get more applicants than Tesco as it will be considered as a nicer job. 

The pay quoted isn't much higher than what junior bank employess used to make . Was ( and I assume still is ) close to minimum wage . In spite of that there were more applicants than jobs . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mad_manx said:

They will probably get more applicants than Tesco as it will be considered as a nicer job. 

The pay quoted isn't much higher than what junior bank employess used to make . Was ( and I assume still is ) close to minimum wage . In spite of that there were more applicants than jobs . 

Bored housewives with the mortgage and bills already covered maybe...but no one can survive on that on the island if its your only income and you have rent and bills to pay.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Bored housewives with the mortgage and bills already covered maybe...but no one can survive on that on the island if its your only income and you have rent and bills to pay.

Same with the junior bank employees..  But many apply as you get to wear a suit 🙂

• Haha 1