Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

3 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Ah, yes: but IOM doesn't care about that - irrelevant to the anti-Tesco agenda!

Except that’s not true I care about being able to get what you want whichever shop you are in . In this instance Tesco was very poorly stocked and friends told me M and S was fine ! And I don’t have an anti Tesco agenda go back and read some of my posts where I have commented on the positive aspects of their layout and offer . What I will do however is comment if I find things don’t look right because sharing views is a big part of this forum or so I thought ! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CATHYJAY said:

Went shopping in Ramsey Tesco today, didn't get half the stuff I would get in the Douglas Tesco store. Even the Tesco Express had more than the "Superstore Tesco" however it is much dearer. I mean what is the point if it means I would be better going to the Tesco in Douglas? 

Seems to have been with every new store opening so far it takes a month or so to match ordering with demand. It will settle down soon enough

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, CATHYJAY said:

Went shopping in Ramsey Tesco today, didn't get half the stuff I would get in the Douglas Tesco store. Even the Tesco Express had more than the "Superstore Tesco" however it is much dearer. I mean what is the point if it means I would be better going to the Tesco in Douglas? 

Agree 100%. Although the co op in Ramsey offers good stuff. I would occasionally visit Tesco Lake Road, and more latterly since it’s opening, Tesco Victoria Road.

Ventured into the new Tesco Ramsey the other day. Extremely disappointed. It already looks run down ( although  it’s just opened) compared to the Douglas ones, and didn’t have a few of the products I have previously bought in the Douglas stores. Staff openly bitching about their managers in full hearing and view of the customers in one aisle.

The Tesco Express in St Paul’s Square is no better. All fruit and veg, and poultry in there  are extremely short dated and as people have previously posted in some cases much more expensive than the mainstream Tesco. 

Unless it improves if I feel the need to shop in Tesco’s ( and they do have some good products and prices) I may well skip over the mountain to Victoria Road ( takes twenty minutes or so. Well not skipping obviously  but driving) More choice and gives the car a run.

Might even try the Peel one when it opens and make a day of it!

4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Seems to have been with every new store opening so far it takes a month or so to match ordering with demand. It will settle down soon enough

Well will it? I enjoy the Tesco own brand tinned Irish Stew ( £ 2.50) as a quick fix. I add my own Tabasco sauce and other stuff, rather than trying to make it myself (and ending up throwing loads of the left over  ingredients away).

3 hours ago, IOM said:

Except that’s not true I care about being able to get what you want whichever shop you are in . In this instance Tesco was very poorly stocked and friends told me M and S was fine ! And I don’t have an anti Tesco agenda go back and read some of my posts where I have commented on the positive aspects of their layout and offer . What I will do however is comment if I find things don’t look right because sharing views is a big part of this forum or so I thought ! 

Err…ok…