Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

13 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Shoprite always had the same pricing in every store. If there were differences on the shelf labels its because someone had the wrong label up. The price in the till set the same in every store. 100%

yes I know - but I was talking about the Coop - one particular example was tinned grapefruit which I could only get from Ramsey, I asked if they could stock it at Peel but that wasn't possible but as they had some managerial staff coming from Ramsey to Peel who offered to bring a case - they did but explained the price differential between the two shops was 10p per tin (which I think was 55p in Ramsey) - but this was several years ago

Edited by Frances

On 9/27/2024 at 8:37 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

Agree 100%. Although the co op in Ramsey offers good stuff. I would occasionally visit Tesco Lake Road, and more latterly since it’s opening, Tesco Victoria Road.

Ventured into the new Tesco Ramsey the other day. Extremely disappointed. It already looks run down ( although  it’s just opened) compared to the Douglas ones, and didn’t have a few of the products I have previously bought in the Douglas stores. Staff openly bitching about their managers in full hearing and view of the customers in one aisle.

The Tesco Express in St Paul’s Square is no better. All fruit and veg, and poultry in there  are extremely short dated and as people have previously posted in some cases much more expensive than the mainstream Tesco. 

Unless it improves if I feel the need to shop in Tesco’s ( and they do have some good products and prices) I may well skip over the mountain to Victoria Road ( takes twenty minutes or so. Well not skipping obviously  but driving) More choice and gives the car a run.

Might even try the Peel one when it opens and make a day of it!

Looks like a few of the old shopshite staff can’t move on 

13 hours ago, Tinpot said:

This is not a dig at anyone, just an observation on how different people live their lives.

Are we the only family who don’t ever have a shopping list?  I see on here and on FB people pointing out that their usual items aren’t in stock or that they went looking for a particular brand of something and it wasn’t there.

Thats not how we shop at all.  Ninety percent of the time we chose what’s for dinner once we are in the shop and something grabs our eye, and I honestly can’t think of anything other than HP sauce where we consciously buy a certain brand.  We just pick up what we fancy and go.  I don’t think we would even notice if a particular brand of something became unavailable.

Just an observation, I can’t imagine being put out or disappointed if something wasn’t available but I hear of others trawling all the islands stores for one particular thing.

Mrs PT regularly gives me a list which I manage to ignore completely 😂😂😂

• Haha 1