Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Or, perhaps until the acquisition is actually completed, (the announcement was 'will' rather than 'has')  the agreement is to terminate/run off their other supply contracts and take replenishment from Tesco.

That bit's certainly true, but the real problem will be having separate computer systems for sales, stock etc.  Obviously moving those things onto Tesco's system won't even start till the deal's completed (there will be all sorts of complicated agreements to do with value of stock) but it will probably be simplest to move stores across as they are re-fitted and Tesco-branded, running the systems in parallel till then.

• Like 2

You recognised  the reference to your post though!!! Vile eggs, what the hell are so vile about imported eggs?

We've been eating them for so many years!!!

Ahhhggg! OK I agreee with you should have stuck with loccccaaaaallll !!!!!

Edited by Kopek

15 minutes ago, Kopek said:

You recognised  the reference to your post though!!! Vile eggs, what the hell are so vile about imported eggs?

We've been eating them for so many years!!!

Ahhhggg! OK I agreee with you should have stuck with loccccaaaaallll !!!!!

A weird papery shell that is difficult to remove.

Tastless slimy whites.

Pale coloured and very rubbery tastless yolks.

The whole thing had a strange texture   I eat quite a lot of hard boiled eggs as a snack as they are easy to keep in the fridge or take to work.  These were vile compared to the local ones we normally buy.

I would suggest anyone who thinks they are OK has just been conditioned to eat shit and cheap eggs and should really go out and pay less money at an honesty box for some proper fresh ones.

If you have a surfeit of these 'vile eggs', why not take them to the \curraghs wild life park where I'm sure they will be gratefully received???

In fact, why not buy a dozen or two and donate them?

Dave you have a mouth, you have a foot, why not connect the two???

Edited by Kopek

10 minutes ago, Kopek said:

It would seem that Tesco are using up Shoprite stock? If there was an agreed price for 'stock at valuation' then this will work through in time?

I think most of the Sainsbury's stock is being sold off at 50% discount.  I'm think l'm really going to miss Shoprite Kopek.  

35 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

A weird papery shell that is difficult to remove.

Tastless slimy whites.

Pale coloured and very rubbery tastless yolks.

The whole thing had a strange texture   I eat quite a lot of hard boiled eggs as a snack as they are easy to keep in the fridge or take to work.  These were vile compared to the local ones we normally buy.

I would suggest anyone who thinks they are OK has just been conditioned to eat shit and cheap eggs and should really go out and pay less money at an honesty box for some proper fresh ones.

Eggs are eggs, get someone to teach your wife how to cook them properly…

• Sad 1