Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Maybe the school could provide better food choices for the kids and some incentives for them to stay on the school grounds.  Should we also  encourage our kids to make good food choices? 

I agree. The school should provide a decent, nutritious hot lunch (with cold options available) and keep them on campus throughout the whole school day.

As a bonus, there'd be a huge reduction of litter around Peel if they did this. Yes, QEII students littering during their lunch break is a pet peeve of mine. Theres a noticeable reduction in litter during the summer holidays, so its obviously the kids doing it. I've seen them walking past bins and dropping their wrappers/bottles etc on the ground anyway. Grrr. 

End of today's rant.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zarley said:

I agree. The school should provide a decent, nutritious hot lunch (with cold options available) and keep them on campus throughout the whole school day.

As a bonus, there'd be a huge reduction of litter around Peel if they did this. Yes, QEII students littering during their lunch break is a pet peeve of mine. Theres a noticeable reduction in litter during the summer holidays, so its obviously the kids doing it. I've seen them walking past bins and dropping their wrappers/bottles etc on the ground anyway. Grrr. 

End of today's rant.

Yes, l sympathise with you. l regularly go to Peel and actually witness these groups of kids just dropping their litter wherever they please.  I have also had school kids drop litter in front of me in my front garden.  I tell them to pick it up, they tell me to F... ...

• Like 1

If the school keeps them on the premises they need staff to supervise them. This has a cost implication and there is also the difficulty of recruiting suitable people. And kids like the freedom and independence of going out, so some of them are liable to kick off. How about parents drumming it in to their little darlings that dropping litter is anti-social and unacceptable?

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Zarley said:

End of today's rant.

Just to add, this morning on Douglas promenade l met several individuals with their dogs picking up rubbish. Some were washed by the tide and some discarded last night on the promenade, probably by late nighters.  Presumably these late nighters are adults?

Let's hope DBC staff manage to pick up rubbish left securely by these good citizens. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

How about parents drumming it in to their little darlings that dropping litter is anti-social and unacceptable?

Yes, most definitely the solution.  But it will only work if the parents see dropping litter as anti-social behaviour. 

2 hours ago, Lilly said:

Yes, l sympathise with you. l regularly go to Peel and actually witness these groups of kids just dropping their litter wherever they please.  I have also had school kids drop litter in front of me in my front garden.  I tell them to pick it up, they tell me to F... ...

I'm sure people used to moan at us when we were that age. It's always been the same. In fact I think the litter problem was worse in the 70's. 

Dog poo on your shoes was a regular thing and school kids always through their litter on the floor at lunchtime. 

I hear myself moaning and think my god I sound just like my dad did. 

52 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I'm sure people used to moan at us when we were that age. It's always been the same. In fact I think the litter problem was worse in the 70's. 

Dog poo on your shoes was a regular thing and school kids always through their litter on the floor at lunchtime. 

I hear myself moaning and think my god I sound just like my dad did. 

You could be right! :D  l will get school diary out to see what l was being moaned about by my lovely parents at that time? 😄 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

I don’t need a recipe thanks, it’s very simple and I could whip one up no problem..

However the Catherdral City ones are excellent for a lazy or rushed meal.

If the insinuation was because someone might like convenience food from time to time that they can’t cook, then you are very wide of the mark.

Edited by CrazyDave