Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

32 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

On the rare occasions I have visited Tescos I have been given a blue disc when checking out at the till.

At first I didn’t know what this was all about, but I asked and apparently you drop it into one of three boxes near the exit, each box representing a local charity to whom Tesco donate funds. I don’t know if the winning charity ( those with the most discs in their box) gets the lot or whether the donation is shared proportionally between the charities in relation to how many discs each receives.

Anybody know the answer?

I wondered that too.  Maybe someone important in Tesco could enlighten you.

2 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

The Coop are good to give donations and raffle prizes x

Yes, it's definitely worth comparison. l often pick my grandchildren up from school and take them into the Coop, so they can decide what they would like Nana to cook for their dinner. They are very wise about making good choices 😄.  I sometimes add,  let's get a pudding,  shall we hahaha 😉 

Yes, l've noticed the local charity donations.  Coop is a great shop, l just can't get everything there that l need.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

It's not a case of one wins all.

The maximum donation by Tesco is £1,500 and the actual amount is dependent on the number of tokens put in their box.

That's good to know. I always thought the loosers got nowt. They should make this more clear. They don't even give you the blue discs unless you ask these days. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's good to know. I always thought the loosers got nowt. They should make this more clear. They don't even give you the blue discs unless you ask these days. 

If you do self-scan, they're in a box as you exit the self-scan checkout area. But yes, they used to be more freely handed out and available.

I only know the above because a Charity I'm involved with has been a recipient.

57 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Yes, it's definitely worth comparison. l often pick my grandchildren up from school and take them into the Coop, so they can decide what they would like Nana to cook for their dinner. They are very wise about making good choices 😄.  I sometimes add,  let's get a pudding,  shall we hahaha 😉 

Yes, l've noticed the local charity donations.  Coop is a great shop, l just can't get everything there that l need.

If you're a member, you can choose your local giving charity based on your shopping on their website by logging in.

29 minutes ago, Cambon said:

There are three charities, The one with the most tokens gets a fixed amount. The other two receive an amount based on the number of blue tokens submitted 

Thank you for clarifying that.

Maybe Tesco themselves could make that clear.

On a lighter note maybe they could also issue  a red token to nullify a blue token for those charities you don’t think are worthy.

Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Thank you for clarifying that.

Maybe Tesco themselves could make that clear.

On a lighter note maybe they could also issue  a red token to nullify a blue token for those charities you don’t think are worthy.

Just a thought.

Why would you do that?