Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

5 hours ago, woolley said:

Everyone knows what the elephant in the room is.

I don't Wooley. Is it something so large it can't be missed or something that's missed despite being so large???     Bit ambiguous?

It's often not clear. Why not just say, 'obvious' or 'overlooked'?

Another one is, 'Sea change' ! Leaving out evaporation and rainfall, the sea does not change? When the tide goes out on the Island, it goes in in Liverpool and Ireland!

Doesn't it ??? 😀

18 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Does anyone think we might get whoosh here?

I would never use it, but I know others for whom it could be a life changer.

What's "whoosh"? 

There's usually plenty of whoosh here on the forum when folks miss a joke, but i don't think that's what you're talking about. Or is this my very own "whoosh" moment? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

I don't Wooley. Is it something so large it can't be missed or something that's missed despite being so large???     Bit ambiguous?

There you go, you've answered your own question. It's both.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/fencing-to-be-erected-to-stop-supermarket-site-being-used-as-racetrack/

Fencing will be put up at the former Shoprite store on Victoria Road in Douglas as part of attempts to deter anti-social behaviour.

Police have confirmed Tesco – which bought the site last year – is securing the area until redevelopment of the store is complete.

It follows complaints from residents that the car park is being used as a ‘racetrack’ at night.

The Isle of Man Constabulary has told Manx Radio access will be maintained for emergency services and those requiring ‘legitimate access’.

7 minutes ago, newaccount said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/fencing-to-be-erected-to-stop-supermarket-site-being-used-as-racetrack/

Fencing will be put up at the former Shoprite store on Victoria Road in Douglas as part of attempts to deter anti-social behaviour.

Police have confirmed Tesco – which bought the site last year – is securing the area until redevelopment of the store is complete.

It follows complaints from residents that the car park is being used as a ‘racetrack’ at night.

The Isle of Man Constabulary has told Manx Radio access will be maintained for emergency services and those requiring ‘legitimate access’.

Racetrack - my son lives near there and hasn't heard anything. More likely some old biddy just wanting to have a moan

• Like 2