Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

44 minutes ago, finlo said:

You'll not see the likes again just lots of short dated poor quality own branded rubbish.

Tut Tut FFinlo, are you saying that Manx shoppers are silly to have made Tesco their favourite supermarket??? Have you never shopped there?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

You'd think it would be more difficult to have different prices across a brand computer system across the UK/IOM. The fact it is not seemingly difficult is therefore worrying.

All TESCO Express stores across operate different prices to their larger and 'extra' locations. There are also regional variations too.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, finlo said:

You'll not see the likes again just lots of short dated poor quality own branded rubbish.

Not quite sure what you have against Tesco, finlo, but the whole experience, ambience, quality and price, is light years ahead of Shoprite as was.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, woolley said:

Not quite sure what you have against Tesco, finlo, but the whole experience, ambience, quality and price, is light years ahead of Shoprite as was.

I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon than shop at lake road not helped by the fact that most of the people who patronise the place are self entitled ignorant spunk trumpets.

As for the fresh (lol) produce it's nigh on impossible to find anything with a date beyond tomorrow!

2 hours ago, Gormless Git said:

All TESCO Express stores across operate different prices to their larger and 'extra' locations. There are also regional variations too.

I'm still of the opinion that all nine ex Shoprite stores will be under the Express brand.

1 hour ago, Gormless Git said:

Tesco Express are small expensive convenience stores, often in expensively rented locations. Their pricing in the main stores is national GB (except for alcohol in Scotland). There used to be regional pricing many years ago.

6 minutes ago, finlo said:

I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon than shop at lake road not helped by the fact that most of the people who patronise the place are self entitled ignorant spunk trumpets.

As for the fresh (lol) produce it's nigh on impossible to find anything with a date beyond tomorrow!

This is quite irrational. They've clearly done something to you beyond providing a retail service.

6 minutes ago, woolley said:

This is quite irrational. They've clearly done something to you beyond providing a retail service.

I know you have been a fanboy of them on here for years but they are a horrible outfit with horrible ethics a more morally bankrupt organisation would be hard to find.

• Like 1