Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

1 hour ago, IOM said:

I am not defending Shoprite I agree they were more expensive. My point is Tesco have increased the prices at Lake Road so they are now circa 5% higher than Tesco UK since the Tesco acquisition.

it was the same before too , you just didn't notice previously or don't want to remember. and you've now gone from 5p more to 5% more ,  you talk real shit sometimes ( all the time actually )

Edited by WTF
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

This thread is possibly the dullest I have seen on MF for a while, which made me wonder if we could have a boring topic award, like goal of the season, with special recognition for the most doze-inducing contributors. Off for a kip now as I'm in danger of boring myself.

If you are not interested or bothered about what is happening to how much you are paying for your food and groceries then good luck to you ! 

Just now, WTF said:

it was the same before too , you just didn't notice previously or don't want to remember.

Absolute nonsense. Lake Road prices used to be exactly the same as across since the acquisition a significant number have been increased there was a series of threads on this a couple of weeks ago . It’s got nothing to do with what I don’t notice or want to remember it’s actually fact . Sorry if you want to believe it’s not true then you carry on I just happen to think a little more ! 

Just now, IOM said:

Absolute nonsense. Lake Road prices used to be exactly the same as across since the acquisition a significant number have been increased there was a series of threads on this a couple of weeks ago . It’s got nothing to do with what I don’t notice or want to remember it’s actually fact . Sorry if you want to believe it’s not true then you carry on I just happen to think a little more ! 

no , i mentioned it myself a few years back when the price of chilled cooked chicken breasts was more on  island than in the UK.   

1 minute ago, WTF said:

if you want a real quiz , tell me why tesco's own fruit juice is cheaper in ramsey shoprite than lake road ?

I have no idea you will have to ask them ! If you can be bothered just check most prices to those across and you will get to the truth . 

1 hour ago, asitis said:

Having just been in the new Tesco at Castletown, the improvement over what is was is huge. Also it didn't seem to be noticeably more expensive than Lake Road. Shoprite were years behind the curve.

Regardless of anything else posted on this thread, to suggest Castletown isn’t noticeably more expensive than lake Road is just insane.

You sir, should have gone to Gillian Sheard

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Regardless of anything else posted on this thread, to suggest Castletown is noticeably more expensive than lake Road is just insane.

You sir, should have gone to Gillian Sheard

actually they said it wasn't ( didn't seem ) noticeably  more expensive , they never said it was.

Edited by WTF
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WTF said:

if you want a real quiz , tell me why tesco's own fruit juice is cheaper in ramsey shoprite than lake road ?

Because they haven’t converted over fully yet.  There are a few items like that which no doubt make the locals think it’s bargaintstic, and which will jump up after the store has been closed for a couple of months and converted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WTF said:

it was the same before too , you just didn't notice previously or don't want to remember. and you've now gone from 5p more to 5% more ,  you talk real shit sometimes ( all the time actually )

Honestly what an idiot you are . Yes it’s 5p on some items on others it’s more 10p or even 20p it’s  why I have estimated across the whole store the inflationary effect is circa 5% . I have used my brain to think it through unlike you . 

Just now, IOM said:

Honestly what an idiot you are . Yes it’s 5p on some items on others it’s more 10p or even 20p it’s  why I have estimated across the whole store the inflationary effect is circa 5% . I have used my brain to think it through unlike you . 

ahhhh , an estimated fact , you are lawrence skelly and i claim my £5. ( or is it 5% ? ) .

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, WTF said:

ahhhh , an estimated fact , you are lawrence skelly and i claim my £5. ( or is it 5% ? ) .

If you looked at what I said is the fact is the prices at Lake Road are now higher than across . I have estimated the inflationary effect is circa 5% . If you are happy with that then good for you . Maybe stop and use your brain cells to think it through if you have any ! 

1 minute ago, IOM said:

If you looked at what I said is the fact is the prices at Lake Road are now higher than across . I have estimated the inflationary effect is circa 5% . If you are happy with that then good for you . Maybe stop and use your brain cells to think it through if you have any ! 

So, what do you want to do/can you do about it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So, what do you want to do/can you do about it?

We should be finding a way of encouraging Aldi to set up a shop in Douglas . And at least by highlighting it people can maybe think carefully about where they shop and not go around blindly thinking Tesco is always the cheapest place to shop . I suspect going forward Coop may in a lot of instances offer better value as to my knowledge they are running the same prices as across so it’s worth shopping around . If you guys on this forum are not interested in understanding what’s going on with the price of your food and groceries then good luck to you you clearly have money to waste ! 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, IOM said:

If you are not interested or bothered about what is happening to how much you are paying for your food and groceries then good luck to you ! 

The wittering on here will not affect the price of my groceries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1