Another MHK not interested in alternative views

Cueey Lewis And The News

It looks like having got a bit of stick for her views on Hamas & Israel earlier in the week a Douglas MHK no longer wants members of the public who aren’t her mates to pass comment on her feed. The MLP members especially seem to be fast becoming noisy ideological zealots only interested in broadcasting what they have to say not listening to the opinion of anyone who might seek to question their views.

It makes you wonder what they are on social media for if they only want to project to their chosen followers and not listen or engage with anyone who might possibly have a different viewpoint.

From a fairly promising start Ms Faragher seems to have turned into some sort of humourless howling left-wing zealot more concerned about shouting about foreign wars than local issues or the needs of IOM residents - for which she seems to have done very little since getting in. 

7BF6C0AF-C297-409C-A9DD-8A6C0DD2A7AF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, WTF said:

it's like the old Paul Evans song

I had to Google that. Yes leave a message on her answerphone she won’t call back. The latest breed of noisy woke politicians are a real disappointment they’ll sit there shouting the odds about every ridiculous cause going but we don’t want any feedback that we don’t agree with from the people who pay our wages.

• Thanks 2

Another alcohol fuelled senseless thread title

ETA: the thread title has now been somewhat changed

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Barlow said:

Another alcohol fuelled senseless thread title

Not really I’ve had no alcohol at all this week.

11 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

It looks like having got a bit of stick for her views on Hamas & Israel earlier in the week a Douglas MHK no longer wants members of the public who aren’t her mates to pass comment on her feed. The MLP members especially seem to be fast becoming noisy ideological zealots only interested in broadcasting what they have to say not listening to the opinion of anyone who might seek to question their views.

It makes you wonder what they are on social media for if they only want to project to their chosen followers and not listen or engage with anyone who might possibly have a different viewpoint.

From a fairly promising start Ms Faragher seems to have turned into some sort of humourless howling left-wing zealot more concerned about shouting about foreign wars than local issues or the needs of IOM residents - for which she seems to have done very little since getting in. 

7BF6C0AF-C297-409C-A9DD-8A6C0DD2A7AF.jpeg

Great post and spot on.

She will no doubt be reelected in 2026, saying the things that the electorate want to hear. Her MLP colleague Sarah Maltby has the good grace to keep her mouth shut (so far) and give the Manx public the benefit of her views on world affairs (unless it’s Daddies views?). Like I have said before she is also obsessed with climate change, whilst I doubt the constituents of Douglas East have that topic on the list of priorities.

• Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Great post and spot on.

She will no doubt be reelected in 2026, saying the things that the electorate want to hear. Her MLP colleague Sarah Maltby has the good grace to keep her mouth shut (so far) and give the Manx public the benefit of her views on world affairs (unless it’s Daddies views?). Like I have said before she is also obsessed with climate change, whilst I doubt the constituents of Douglas East have that topic on the list of priorities.

The lot of them are a joke. I’ve had reasonable support for MLP over the years as they’ve had some sensible people in there in amongst some of the dicks. But now it’s a joke. It’s a clear generational thing and now social media is cluttered with the ravings of a load of woke dickheads like her or Devon Watson spouting shite. And the shite they spout has absolutely nothing to do with their roles as MHKs or Councillors either - and when questioned they just block views they don’t like (or the triggered Mr Watson just goes on some embarrassing aggressive meltdown that all his mates seem to join in with) as they advocate free speech but just their free speech not anyone else’s right to challenge their views.

But online activism in support of baby murderers and terrorists is real bottom of the barrel stuff that needs to be called out no matter whether she wants to hear contrary views or not. She’s elected by the people of Douglas not by the population of Palestine or some squalid district of Gaza. Maybe she should focus on the needs of her constituents not on heavily indoctrinated woke bullshit she pumps out about world politics. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I always find it curious how politicians who are completely unaffected by events in far-off places in the world and who exert absolutely no influence in the debate, feel the need to give their opinions about it. To what purpose? Is it to educate the rest of us in the issues or the morality of it? We are in the Isle of Man. Joney Faragher has little influence here and none elsewhere and the day we need her to enlighten us will be a very sad day indeed. It’s a tragedy unfolding in Israel and Gaza. We can only watch from a distance but promoting the cause of terrorists hardly helps anything. She might as well block. She has nothing to say. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

There are far to many MHK'S who quite simply are trying to further their own beliefs/agendas rather than have the interests of the constituents.  

Well duh!  Why do you think most of them stand in the first place?   

15 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

There are far to many MHK'S who quite simply are trying to further their own beliefs/agendas rather than have the interests of the constituents.  

It’s pretty much everyone under 40 in politics now. Humourless social media twats who are only on social media in order to trigger or data mine idiots and to feel better about themselves. Every self proclaimed new messiah needs followers to preach to. 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Like 1