Another MHK not interested in alternative views

Cueey Lewis And The News

1 hour ago, Manx Resident said:

My comment was about the exercise of judgement by Ms Faragher in making reference to a particular statement and made no comment on the political or humanitarian issues. It is good to know you have half a brain.

The statement she mentioned reflects a valid point of view - and possibly the root cause of the current blood baths in the area.

I really don't see what judgement could have been exercised.

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

The statement she mentioned reflects a valid point of view - and possibly the root cause of the current blood baths in the area.

I really don't see what judgement could have been exercised.

Sorry we might be at cross purposes here. If you reference back to my original comment it was about it being poor judgement to make the social media post referencing “…from the river to the sea…”.

I have made no comment about the Manx Radio interview asking Government to make representations to call for a ceasefire, which I will agree is an understandable view given the continuing loss of life.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Manx Resident said:

Sorry we might be at cross purposes here. If you reference back to my original comment it was about it being poor judgement to make the social media post referencing “…from the river to the sea…”.

I have made no comment about the Manx Radio interview asking Government to make representations to call for a ceasefire, which I will agree is an understandable view given the continuing loss of life.

Whatever the case, and rights and wrongs, IOMG can achieve nothing. If they added their two pennerth, who will listen and take notice? It will be just a case of IOMG and CM Cannan trying to make an impression on the world stage, or dick wave to other countries. Pointless and Futile. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Can’t win on MF, can they?   Speak or don’t speak, they’ll still be in the wrong…

Think it's more about what you say when you do speak. It would be great for Israel and Palestine to have a ceasefire surely that's just common sense, does it really need some insignificant "politician" on the Isle of Man to say it? 

• Like 3

When and if this conflict is over, I’m sure our politicos will be fighting to add their thoughts and opinions, and each will be out competing with other, as to demanding that IOMG house refugees, or demanding that the Treasury hands over a blank cheque. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Think it's more about what you say when you do speak. It would be great for Israel and Palestine to have a ceasefire surely that's just common sense, does it really need some insignificant "politician" on the Isle of Man to say it? 

Why not?   Everyone on MF is very quick to insist that they’re entitled to express their view, especially if anyone disagrees with them - but if any of the MHKs express a view on a global issue, or anything non-local really, they get slapped down pdq and put back in their box.

Smacks of double standards.…

• Like 3

Just now, Jarndyce said:

Why not?   Everyone on MF is very quick to insist that they’re entitled to express their view, especially if anyone disagrees with them - but if any of the MHKs express a view on a global issue, or anything non-local really, they get slapped down pdq and put back in their box.

I don't think she thinks she, Alf or the collective IOMG can influence, but her point is to 'put our flag in the sand' and I agree.  However, Alf has refused her request because we cannot interfere in the UK's international affairs.  That's fine, but it still should not stop us from expressing a collective opinion, if it is the collective opinion of IOMG.  She did say that Jersey officially objected to the Gulf War in the early 2000s.

11 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

But my support is my own personal business and do not see fit to brow beat anyone else.

Are you seriously suggesting that Ms Faragher’s original social media post which started this thread off was “brow-beating” CM Cannan?   Do you think Ms Faragher routinely gets her way with Cannan by brow-beating him?   Interesting…I’d no idea she had that level of influence.

Edited by Jarndyce
Clarity

5 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

It's the price to pay being in the public eye. Fine have an opinion but expect that opinion to be discussed. I personally would like the mhks to sort the many issues on this Island before getting involved in an issue that's been going on for god knows how many years.