Another MHK not interested in alternative views

Cueey Lewis And The News

2 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

The lot of them are a joke. I’ve had reasonable support for MLP over the years as they’ve had some sensible people in there in amongst some of the dicks. But now it’s a joke. It’s a clear generational thing and now social media is cluttered with the ravings of a load of woke dickheads like her or Devon Watson spouting shite. And the shite they spout has absolutely nothing to do with their roles as MHKs or Councillors either - and when questioned they just block views they don’t like (or the triggered Mr Watson just goes on some embarrassing aggressive meltdown that all his mates seem to join in with) as they advocate free speech but just their free speech not anyone else’s right to challenge their views.

But online activism in support of baby murderers and terrorists is real bottom of the barrel stuff that needs to be called out no matter whether she wants to hear contrary views or not. She’s elected by the people of Douglas not by the population of Palestine or some squalid district of Gaza. Maybe she should focus on the needs of her constituents not on heavily indoctrinated woke bullshit she pumps out about world politics. 

Have you tried getting mad on an inconsequential forum about it?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Have you tried getting mad on an inconsequential forum about it?

I wondered when you would turn up. Well if replies weren’t blocked on X due to Ms Faragher’s clear wish not to hear any alternative views to her own I wouldn’t have had to resort to this inconsequential forum to express an opinion on her daft views. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

I wondered when you would turn up. Well if replies weren’t blocked on X due to Ms Faragher’s clear wish not to hear any alternative views to her own I wouldn’t have had to resort to this inconsequential forum to express an opinion on her daft views. 

I don't see any of her views in the linked Tweet? It's a link to an article and words from that article. And none of your posts actually talk about the content of it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, joebean said:

I always find it curious how politicians who are completely unaffected by events in far-off places in the world and who exert absolutely no influence in the debate, feel the need to give their opinions about it. To what purpose? Is it to educate the rest of us in the issues or the morality of it? We are in the Isle of Man. Joney Faragher has little influence here and none elsewhere and the day we need her to enlighten us will be a very sad day indeed. It’s a tragedy unfolding in Israel and Gaza. We can only watch from a distance but promoting the cause of terrorists hardly helps anything. She might as well block. She has nothing to say. 

So you're allowed to express your opinion that she shouldn't be expressing her opinion, but she isn't allowed to express an opinion on what she wants to?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

It’s pretty much everyone under 40 in politics now. Humourless social media twats who are only on social media in order to trigger or data mine idiots and to feel better about themselves. Every self proclaimed new messiah needs followers to preach to. 

She's not under 40.

I'm not sure what the "fairly promising start" was. Having a scummy gobshite like her in the Keys shames the Island.

Is the Manx Labour Party affiliated to the UK Labour Party in any way? Whilst Starmer was previously shameless in his efforts to have the anti-semite Jeremy Corbyn elected as UK PM, he (Starmer) has at least since presided over the removal of some of the more virulently anti-'Israeli' hard left loons in the UK party. Perhaps it's time for the UK Labour Party to declare Faragher and the MLP persona non grata. 

2 minutes ago, Yibble said:

I'm not sure what the "fairly promising start" was. Having a scummy gobshite like her in the Keys shames the Island.

Is the Manx Labour Party affiliated to the UK Labour Party in any way? Whilst Starmer was previously shameless in his efforts to have the anti-semite Jeremy Corbyn elected as UK PM, he (Starmer) has at least since presided over the removal of some of the more virulently anti-'Israeli' hard left loons in the UK party. Perhaps it's time for the UK Labour Party to declare Faragher and the MLP persona non grata. 

Joney is a deeply caring person who listens to the concerns of her constituents (and non-constituents) and tries to improve conditions for all.

You, apparently, are a dickhead.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Yibble said:

MLP and the UK Labour party aren't affiliated. What's wrong with being against the Israeli Government's policies? Many people are against the UK Government policies? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Joney is a deeply caring person who listens to the concerns of her constituents (and non-constituents) and tries to improve conditions for all.

You, apparently, are a dickhead.

It's not all that often that someone makes an entirely correct statement on this forum. Good to see.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

What's wrong with being against the Israeli Government's policies?

Because, anyone who is informed and tries to explain something in a positive form rather than a normative form, is seen by others who know little, or who have a grudge  against that person as justifying the position.

Most humans have a difficult time understanding the difference between a normative type analysis 'what ought to be' vs a positive analysis of 'what is'. Many humans use their lack of understanding as a tool to purposefully bash other with.

Telling people that they are justifying a situation(normative assertion)  when they are merely explaining it (positive assertion) is one of the oldest gaslighting techniques on record.

Some, on here and elsewhere, chose to take this and run with it because it's suits them.

All the more so if it's against a young, popular, intelligent woman who happens to be the leader of the Manx Labour Party. 

Any excuse for a ;mini' pile on and to push their agenda.

And look, it's all the usual suspects.

And it's got NOTHING to do with the Israeli situation.

Edited by Roxanne
Paras
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HeliX said:

She may well be a deeply caring person. But it’s rare to see a deeply caring person post in support of causes such as the Hamas controlled population in Gaza which has seen Hamas senselessly execute hundreds of people in the last few days including decapitating babies in addition to the rape and murders. In amongst all the social justice bleating and posturing about Israel she might have made reference to the awful atrocities being perpetrated in the name of Palestine by Palestinians many of whom are affiliated with Hamas a terrorist organization. All you get is “These people are oppressed and this is what happens”. Well no nobody goes around decapitating babies out of frustration. They may rise in arms against an enemy nation who wants to occupy their lands but it’s no justification for going round raping and murdering and slaying innocent children.

Just now, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

But it’s rare to see a deeply caring person post in support of causes such as the Hamas controlled population in Gaza which has seen Hamas senselessly execute hundreds of people in the last few days including decapitating babies in addition to the rape and murders

But she hasn't.

Show me one post where JF states "I am in support of causes such as the Hamas controlled population in Gaza which has seen Hamas senselessly execute hundreds of people in the last few days including decapitating babies in addition to the rape and murders'

You're the one making the allegations.

Show the evidence.

• Haha 1