Another MHK not interested in alternative views

Cueey Lewis And The News

5 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

MLP and the UK Labour party aren't affiliated. 

Thanks for confirming. Maybe the UK party should now at least prevent MLP delegates from attending the UK party conference though.

6 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

What's wrong with being against the Israeli Government's policies? 

Nothing. There is plenty I find objectionable about them. However in the context of Hamas' unspeakable terrorist attack, 'whataboutery' about aspects of Israel's misbehaviour is shameful victim blaming. The response of all (I think) significant UK party leaders to the Hamas attrocity has been consistent with what I would expect of any decent human being. It seems Faragher has excluded herself from that community.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

You're the one making the allegations.

Show the evidence.

You show me. You’re the one arguing I’m not.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

You're stating that she's said it.

I'm saying I haven't seen it.

How on earth can I show you what I haven't seen you absolute doofus.

She has clearly posted in support of causes such as the Hamas controlled population in Gaza. Several times. You seem to want to start an argument that doesn’t exist. 

10 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

She may well be a deeply caring person. But it’s rare to see a deeply caring person post in support of causes such as the Hamas controlled population in Gaza which has seen Hamas senselessly execute hundreds of people in the last few days including decapitating babies in addition to the rape and murders. In amongst all the social justice bleating and posturing about Israel she might have made reference to the awful atrocities being perpetrated in the name of Palestine by Palestinians many of whom are affiliated with Hamas a terrorist organization. All you get is “These people are oppressed and this is what happens”. Well no nobody goes around decapitating babies out of frustration. They may rise in arms against an enemy nation who wants to occupy their lands but it’s no justification for going round raping and murdering and slaying innocent children.

Why are you conflating Hamas and Palestine? Joney has not posted in support of Hamas. She has posted in support of not killing people on either "side". Which seems pretty reasonable.

• Like 6

Just now, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

She has clearly posted in support of causes such as the Hamas controlled population in Gaza. Several times. You seem to want to start an argument that doesn’t exist. 

If she's clearly done it, it must be really easy for you to provide evidence of.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Yibble said:

However in the context of Hamas' unspeakable terrorist attack, 'whataboutery' about aspects of Israel's misbehaviour is shameful victim blaming.

This is the same stupid rhetoric of the NRA. Any time there's a shooting they claim it's "not the decent time to talk about gun control". It's exactly the time to talk about issues in that region when there is a flare-up of particularly abhorrent issues in that region.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Why are you conflating Hamas and Palestine? Joney has not posted in support of Hamas. She has posted in support of not killing people on either "side". Which seems pretty reasonable.

Really? Conflating Palestine which is controlled by Hamas with Hamas who control Palestine? 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News

Or 

8 minutes ago, HeliX said:

It's exactly the time to talk about issues in that region when there is a flare-up of particularly abhorrent issues in that region.

Or an Israeli army spokesman saying there would be discussions on the intelligence preparation "down the road" but for the moment the focus was on fighting. "We'll talk about that when we need to talk about it," he told a briefing with reporters.

Erm, no, that's a conversation for last Saturday actually.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Really? Conflating Palestine controlled Hamas with Hamas who control Palestine? 

What percentage of Palestinians are Hamas terrorists?

Even if we're ignoring the fact that Gaza has not had an election for nearly two decades (which apparently we are), what percentage of Palestinians who did vote for Hamas at that election are appalled by this terror attack?

Its like conflating all Irish people with IRA members.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HeliX said:

If she's clearly done it, it must be really easy for you to provide evidence of.

I don't think she said it. Do you?

I mean, it was quite an allegation. I"d be rushing to find a source to prove my point.

And yet..

Transparent AF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

it's like conflating all Irish people with IRA members

That is exactly what is going on with everyone who knows little but likes to be outraged, especially if it means getting at someone who they've decided they don't like. A woman? Even better.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Or 

Or an Israeli army spokesman saying there would be discussions on the intelligence preparation "down the road" but for the moment the focus was on fighting. "We'll talk about that when we need to talk about it," he told a briefing with reporters.

Erm, no, that's a conversation for last Saturday actually.

it should have been perhaps but they will only 'talk' when someone bigger tells them to which is what i read into we'll talk when we need to talk about it

16 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Really? Conflating Palestine which is controlled by Hamas with Hamas who control Palestine? 

Hamas don't control Palestine, they control Gaza, a small part of Palestine. It's important to make sure people know that you know what it is that you are talking about when you are aggressively trying to make a point.

As it happens, the point you seem to be trying to make is wrong and you're acting - again - like a dick about it, but hey ho everyone's got a style.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1