Another MHK not interested in alternative views

Cueey Lewis And The News

3 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Any links for those not on twitter?

She wrote a letter to Alf only someone first had to ask her what letter she had written to Alf before she produced some of it (below). She doesn’t really seem to have got animated by that much to do with the IOM; but now it seems that she’s on a mission to settle a 70 year old dispute in the Middle East for the voters of Douglas East. 

7EEC1951-CFBC-48DD-8385-35AC02E1E16B.jpeg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

She wrote a letter to Alf only someone first had to ask her what letter she had written to Alf before she produced some of it (below). She doesn’t really seem to have got animated by that much to do with the IOM; but now it seems that she’s on a mission to settle a 70 year old dispute in the Middle East for the voters of Douglas East. 

7EEC1951-CFBC-48DD-8385-35AC02E1E16B.jpeg

I usually lose interest when I hear that phrase standing on the right side of history. 

Fair play to Alf Cannan if he can bring this feud that's been going for years to an end

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Send in our peace negotiators

juan%20watterson%20afhan__________wi840h

The last bus to Gaza would probably make him really ill. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I usually lose interest when I hear that phrase standing on the right side of history. 

Fair play to Alf Cannan if he can bring this feud that's been going for years to an end

I agree I simply don’t get it. 

She represents Douglas East

She lives in Laxey 

She seems to prefer global politics over supporting what she’s paid for. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

I agree I simply don’t get it. 

She represents Douglas East

She lives in Laxey 

She seems to prefer global politics over supporting what she’s paid for. 

I have no particular support for either side in this Middle East conflict, terrible as it is.

But that said, if say a member of the UK House of Commons who represents Tamworth North ( if there is such a constituency, I made it up) who lives in Birmingham pronounces upon this conflict either way, they are not ridiculed.

Is it just because we are such a small jurisdiction that our politicians are not allowed the right to an opinion on such matters, that their UK counterparts are?

Surely an elected representative in Tynwald is allowed their right to opine on such matters as much as a member of the UK House of Commons is.? Whether or not you agree with them.

Or do we just laugh at ourselves for being so inconsequential?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1