Courtenay Heading again

Cueey Lewis And The News

14 minutes ago, Casta said:

I get that, but this writing is nothing to do with the actions for which he was jailed. People are suggesting he should remain incarcerated for the views expressed in his letter. That is shameful.

Yes it is...he refers to himself as a 'political prisoner'. He's not in there for political reasons...again, for his actions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He was jailed for stalking with intent of intimidation a lady whom was completely stressed by it not for his beliefs.   His beliefs however were the reason he committed this offence.    I think when he has served his time he should be certified and committed to a mental institution as he is obviously not of sound mind not because of his beliefs but of his actions based on those beliefs he can’t be trusted not to reoffend as he has shown no regret for his actions and does not believe he has done anything wrong.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Yes it is...he refers to himself as a 'political prisoner'. He's not in there for political reasons...again, for his actions.

Ah I see. Thanks.

Yes, he needs to face up to what he has done wrong before shouting his beliefs on COVID etc. He is not doing himself or his cause any favours

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

he should be certified and committed to a mental institution as he is obviously not of sound mind not because of his beliefs but of his actions based on those beliefs

same for those taking actions on religious  grounds too please

• Like 2

17 hours ago, rachomics said:

Be grateful it isn't signed with a "red" thumb print.

That's fairly horrible - and at the same time absurdly self-dramatising.  But the problem with the self-dramatising is that they can sometimes commit bad actions because that's part of their way to attract the attention they crave.  It's the uncertainty as much as the threats that are the worry and stress.

On the other hand I suppose, in those circumstances he could hardly deny sending it.

5 hours ago, Casta said:

I get that, but this writing is nothing to do with the actions for which he was jailed. People are suggesting he should remain incarcerated for the views expressed in his letter. That is shameful.

if he's saying he's a political prisoner and point 1 in his list of reason why states he was exposing a scam where tests gave false results to prepetuate the "myth" of Covid. He was convicted of harassing a woman who set up testing on the island.

He's not just expressing views, he's denying that he's guilty, and not expressing contrition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Declan said:

if he's saying he's a political prisoner and point 1 in his list of reason why states he was exposing a scam where tests gave false results to prepetuate the "myth" of Covid. He was convicted of harassing a woman who set up testing on the island.

He's not just expressing views, he's denying that he's guilty, and not expressing contrition.

It could also be thought to be a breach of his restraining order, if the right people were to see it. 

• Like 1

It’s been sent by DHA staff. It’s not aimed at anyone in particular. It’s a response to an e-mail letter to a prisoner from a friend on the outside. That incoming e-mail will have been read by an officer/censor and then he handwrites out his reply, which is further read by a DHA officer/censor, then scanned and uploaded to an e-mail reply. 

You’d be hard pushed to say that breached the restraining order. They’re interpreted and enforced very narrowly. In law, you have to ask who actually sent it? Who disseminated it? 

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s been sent by DHA staff. It’s not aimed at anyone in particular. It’s a response to an e-mail letter to a prisoner from a friend on the outside. That incoming e-mail will have been read by an officer/censor and then he handwrites out his reply, which is further read by a DHA officer/censor, then scanned and uploaded to an e-mail reply. 

You’d be hard pushed to say that breached the restraining order. They’re interpreted and enforced very narrowly. In law, you have to ask who actually sent it? Who disseminated it? 

Setting aside the restraining order point.

He has intended it for publication. So the fact that it's been passed by prison service censors, rather gives the lie to his claim of being a political prisioner.

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

In the main, it appears that Manx Forumd disseminated it. 

We, the public, should not give him the attention he craves. The police should give him the attention they feel necessary,  considering what he was convicted for 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The restraining order in question is very broad and even includes alluding to me. 

It's interesting that Christine Massey hasn't been seen on Twitter since March. Perhaps she also crossed the line in Canada. 

Either way, the only place that Courtenay's letter is being disseminated online, as far as I can tell, is here. I don't go looking for such things which is why I only learnt about it here but would appreciate an original link rather than a screenshot for my records.

Edited by rachomics

49 minutes ago, Declan said:

He has intended it for publication. So the fact that it's been passed by prison service censors, rather gives the lie to his claim of being a political prisioner.

He’s given the recipient permission to disseminate. That’s different, however slightly, than telling her to publish.

That comes back to my point about narrow interpretation of a restraining order, however widely drawn, being the judicial approach.

I haven’t seen the order. It’s reported to be, bare bones, not to contact, e-mail @rachomics directly or indirectly, or mention her. He didn’t send out that e-mail. He didn’t direct its dissemination, and @rachomics suggests that “Christine” is in Canada, outside the jurisdiction. Does the order have extraterritorial effect, does it stop Christine from publishing it in Canada, or an officer of the DHA from sending it?

As for the political prisoner point, the fact that he is allowed to communicate with the outside world doesn’t stop him from being a political prisoner. I don’t view him as one, he clearly thinks he is. But history is full of political prisoners who are/were allowed to communicate, from Navalny, WW1 internees at Knockaloe ( censor Archibald Knox ), WW2 internees, H block prisoners.

Again I don’t agree with his analysis, but he's entitled to his views on the 5 points he raises. 

Lots of political prisoners view the actual grounds upon which they’ve been detained, held, convicted, as an excuse rather than actual crimes.  That may or may not be correct, in Headings case, based on the facts reported, he clearly committed appalling and serious offences towards @rachomics but he doesn’t seem able to separate out his belief in his anti PCR, virus and Vaccine conviction ( which he is entitled to hold, and express ) with his irrational focussing them on @rachomics in a criminal manner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1