Another external appointment

Banker

24 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

So he was probably given the job early this year, but then there was a gap until he took up the position?

Or he wasn’t and this is first interview (look at dates) and second interview while he was resting

DFBF8DB2-BFEC-431C-95C4-A8086172D733.jpeg

098DA313-8B86-4D1B-9D14-25E732091ECB.jpeg

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

This is his previous salary:

https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/sites/default/files/SeniorManagementStructureChart_0.pdf

This is him not having his dinner jacket buttoned up:

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local-news/councils-call-centre-top-performer-4220550

This is his leaving message on LinkedIn:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/andyralphs_a-great-job-a-great-city-and-a-wonderful-activity-7110989664227844096-nzkS/?trk=public_profile_like_view

So he was probably given the job early this year, but then there was a gap until he took up the position?

Anyway, I'm off to the snug in the Rovers Return. Catch up on the gossip with Ena and Vera.

He can’t spell ‘privilege’. 

Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Do you know for a fact if any internal people applied? Because if they didn’t then that is probably why.

How many locals applied and had the correct skill sets and experience?

the island is in a mess as too many people with zero experience are promoted to jobs above their skill set 

Edited by Manxman1234
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

But judging by Cueball's post he has learnt how to spell  Isle of Man between 1st & 2nd interview.

Anyone who spells it Mann should literally not have been invited to second interview. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Anyone who spells it Mann should literally not have been invited to second interview. 

Isle of Man, Man also spelled Mann, Manx-Gaelic Ellan Vannin or Mannin, Latin Mona or Monapia, one of the British Isles, located in the Irish Sea off the northwest coast of England.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Judging by his employment history, he is a butterfly flitting from job to job. How long he will last - certainly more than two years, probably three, till he finds another well paid post. Does he ride a Harley?

No but he has relations in NZ lol 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Manxman1234 said:

Isle of Man, Man also spelled Mann, Manx-Gaelic Ellan Vannin or Mannin, Latin Mona or Monapia, one of the British Isles, located in the Irish Sea off the northwest coast of England.

58 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Anyone who says “Isle of Man” without using the definitive article should be flogged to death.

This happens a lot from people in the Channel Islands. They will say for example “Is it  true there is no speed limit in Isle of Man”. Heard it a lot when I worked for a couple of organisations operating in one or both of the Channel Islands, and also here.

In fact I believe I heard an advert from Lloyd’s Bank ( of all organizations) referring to “Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man”

Smacks of arrogance that they can’t be bothered to have the respect to refer to us in the proper manner.

Makes my blood boil.

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Makes my blood boil.

To be fair everything seems to make your blood boil. 

5 hours ago, Two-lane said:

LinkedIn is a site for people to tell each other how wonderful they are. 

…you haven’t seen mine, the picture alone scores me 10/10 for not taking LinkedIn seriously. It’s a social engineers wet dream of a place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, cissolt said:

He knows all the buzzwords. Should fit right in.

https://www.capita.com/our-thinking/local-government-services-reimagined

That's a very interesting link.  Because his previous two employers, Lambeth and Barnet, were also know to be great outsourcers to Capita, notoriously so in the case of Barnet.  Perhaps he's been able to sell the same nonsense to Cannan, who after all thinks everything can be solved by giving money to people who already have a lot of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Manxman1234 said:

the island is in a mess as too many people with zero experience are promoted to jobs above their skill set

...........and it looks as if  we're doing the same with this non-job.  He's never done a real job in his life but my ghod, he must be a champion at bullshit bingo.  Our problem is that our CS is rammed to the gunnels with similar non-entities, all licking each others nether-regions.

• Like 1