Journalists with pitchforks

Cueey Lewis And The News

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It's tedious trawling through this to catch up on the story. Shouldn't have gone beyond the first page.

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

7 pages about a story of a guy 99.9% of people would have forgotten as soon as they scrolled past it on Facebook. Well done OP.

In a nutshell…

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

7 pages about a story of a guy 99.9% of people would have forgotten as soon as they scrolled past it on Facebook. Well done OP.

Thommo you should see some of the comments on Facebook and X that thousands of people will have read and many people have liked and shared. If you think the handful of people who have read this thread here make one jot of difference to his publicity I’d suggest you’re wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well it is yesterday’s news now and someone else whom few people know will be headline news in the local rag that few people’s buy, I don’t know how they keep going really.   The righteous indignation group have probably been more responsible for the unwarranted publicity than the reporter but that is how it works.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HiVibes said:

You win a wooden spoon, still makes you a loser.

I used to think you were just a vicious little troll with some sort of personal grudge against me, but I’m coming to realise it’s just envy. You want to be me, with a happy and fulfilled life, numerous interesting hobbies, a well paid and rewarding job, a lovely family, lots of friends and an impeccable sense of modesty…

But you can’t. So you’re the only loser here. Your posts are more outrageous than anything I’ve ever written or said, and idiotic to boot. If you concentrated more on yourself than on me, I expect your miserable existence would be slightly happier.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I used to think you were just a vicious little troll with some sort of personal grudge against me, but I’m coming to realise it’s just envy. You want to be me, with a happy and fulfilled life, numerous interesting hobbies, a well paid and rewarding job, a lovely family, lots of friends and an impeccable sense of modesty…

But you can’t. So you’re the only loser here. Your posts are more outrageous than anything I’ve ever written or said, and idiotic to boot. If you concentrated more on yourself than on me, I expect your miserable existence would be slightly happier.

You’re not wrong there Stu. 

Can I just take this opportunity to say how much I enjoyed your recollections/ music choices on that morning programme on Manx Radio

(I doubt this saddo will have half as interesting a life)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Thommo you should see some of the comments on Facebook and X that thousands of people will have read and many people have liked and shared. If you think the handful of people who have read this thread here make one jot of difference to his publicity I’d suggest you’re wrong. 

0 people commented on the Manx Radio story. You might need to point out the thousands commenting/sharing

Screenshot_20231021_194855_Facebook.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

0 people commented on the Manx Radio story. You might need to point out the thousands commenting/sharing

Screenshot_20231021_194855_Facebook.jpg

Because they turned comments off.

It was shared to Isle of Man News and Politics where it will have been seen by thousands which is exactly what Cueey said.

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Manx Radio removed the comments and then set the post to a limited audience. Presumably because of where he works. One of those shares was to IOM News and Politics where it was extensively commented on (as below). The comments under Roberts’ post on X are uniformly negative. It’s also been well commented on elsewhere. About 10 people probably read this forum. 

766A264D-1D95-4E47-A199-6E4A2BB9623E.jpeg

BF24A209-6E71-46FE-8E09-DFBEDA1C9536.jpeg

• Thanks 1

For 100 years and many more, Isle of Man advocates have shrouded themselves high up the tree with status, lifting money, invulnerability and power.

Every now and then the veil slips and is revealed.

That's life. Just a bit of a shit.

Carry on.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 9:53 AM, CrazyDave said:

Nobody has suggested a closed system.

People without lives can still go and sit in the public gallery or look up court cases and results if their day is so empty they need something to fill it.

The offence and the outcome can still be reported in the press, but names should be withheld.

I can’t think of a single time the name of an offender has been published that has had any impact on my life other than thinking I used to go to school with them.  

What is the benefit?

Only in very few cases could I see any benefit. Let’s say a paedo gets caught and his name in the paper following conviction leads to more victims coming forward. Same for serious fraud, real danger to the public and the like. Even in privacy loving Germany we have exceptions for that kind of thing. Other than that it’s just done to sell more papers and make everyone else feel better about their own lives. 

• Thanks 1