Journalists with pitchforks

Cueey Lewis And The News

7 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

You seriously have to wonder why the police are bothering prosecuting this sort of stuff. Pick him up and either take him home or let him sleep it off in a cell.

It’s just petty and unnecessary. They should have better things to do, perhaps they could start by dealing with the little shits who hang around by Scoill Vallajeelt at night vandalising the playground and other school facilities.

Taking him home might have been an option, had there been someone there to look after him.  He might have been in no fit state to give his address.  We don't know.  Just imagine the headlines had he (say) been dropped off at his home with no one to care for him, and he ended up seriously injured or worse, due to his condition. 

Sleeping it off in a cell overnight.  Just let out in the morning with a flea in his ear?  It's a custody area, not a bed & breakfast establishment.  

Another option is that the guy could have taken some personal responsibility for his situation, and not got himself into that predicament.  An entirely preventable situation on quite a few levels, but he chose not to exercise any of them.  His choice.  No one else's.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Why would the police want to nail him? You need to stop watching tv and films 

14 hours ago, Barlow said:

Oh come on, you're trying to make out this guy is some sort of hard done by victim? Jeesis, I heard it all now.

I knew nothing about the feller until we were invited to Google his name. So I did Google his name.

I wondered why the police were going to the time and expense of prosecuting someone for a very petty and minor offence, when they consistently let more major offences slide.

Googling his name gives a good reason.

The uk reg car isn't on a road. If you see it on a road report it.

It’s in a public car park and, unless it gets dropped off and picked up by helicopter each day, it goes on a public road to get into and out of said public car park.

Tax evasion is more serious than being sick in a public place, don’t you agree?

If you see someone spraying graffiti report it. 

I have previously reported anti-social behaviour at the school during the summer. Still waiting for the police to arrive and sort it out. Maybe I should tell them someone’s been sick and fallen asleep, as they don’t seem to care about the mindless vandalism.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

I have previously reported anti-social behaviour at the school during the summer. Still waiting for the police to arrive and sort it out. Maybe I should tell them someone’s been sick and fallen asleep, as they don’t seem to care about the mindless vandalism.

just tell them they are smoking weed and a guy in black car with tinted windows turns up for 5 minutes then goes.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So today IOM Newspapers re-issue this shoddy hatchet job again. But now the reporter is merely disclosed as “Court Reporter” not the name of the actual court reporter or journalist who wrote the piece. Which seems to suggest a new IOM low in that anonymous journalists can now spread articles that will have a real impact on people in real life without even putting their name to it. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/courts/isle-of-man-law-firm-director-convicted-of-being-drunk-in-charge-of-children-648153

Which few if any of us would have taken any notice. Now yet again it is being dragged onto Manx Forums for a w few more pages.

Oh

The

Fucking

Irony

On 10/25/2023 at 10:13 PM, Mysteron said:

Taking him home might have been an option, had there been someone there to look after him.  He might have been in no fit state to give his address.  We don't know.  Just imagine the headlines had he (say) been dropped off at his home with no one to care for him, and he ended up seriously injured or worse, due to his condition. 

Sleeping it off in a cell overnight.  Just let out in the morning with a flea in his ear?  It's a custody area, not a bed & breakfast establishment.  

Another option is that the guy could have taken some personal responsibility for his situation, and not got himself into that predicament.  An entirely preventable situation on quite a few levels, but he chose not to exercise any of them.  His choice.  No one else's.  

Couldn’t agree more

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

Oh

The

Fucking

Irony

So what purpose does MF serve then if commenting on things reported elsewhere (to a really small audience) is such an issue according to you? 

The reporting is all factual. It’s not made up.

If that had been me I wouldn’t have any complaints about it.

Those that know me may or may not think it’s an aberration 

Those that don’t know me would think  I’m an idiot , or worse  ( of course) and I deserve everything I get.

I don’t know this guy but it seems justice has been done be he a vagrant or a solicitor 

7 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

So today IOM Newspapers re-issue this shoddy hatchet job again. But now the reporter is merely disclosed as “Court Reporter” not the name of the actual court reporter or journalist who wrote the piece. Which seems to suggest a new IOM low in that anonymous journalists can now spread articles that will have a real impact on people in real life without even putting their name to it. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/courts/isle-of-man-law-firm-director-convicted-of-being-drunk-in-charge-of-children-648153

Various news outlets have been putting “court reporter” on their garbage articles for years.  It suggests nothing and everyone knows who it is anyway.

• Like 1